1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Backstage Playset Instructions?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by SwedishTech, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. Very interesting.

2. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

What's weird about that set is that although they built UP and showed us the full scale of the dressing rooms... but they neglected the corridor that went past the staircase and had the beige brick wall and the odd clock... i think it led to the commisary ... also kermit used to have that odd angled desk there in the first couple seasons...

http://imageshack.us/f/10/backstage13copy.jpg/

cc

3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I would imagine they didn't include that because it isn't as commonly seen as well as the fact that it really doesn't mesh well with the portion of the backstage they made. The color difference would look a bit odd, and besides, the playset is big enough to get into packaging as it is. :p

4. crazy chris

HAHA...i was talking about the movie set not the toy...

cc

5. crazy chris

for them to go through all the trouble of building that huge set and yet have it not conform to the shows actual set was weird to me...

and in season 1 and 2 kermit is at that back desk more than he is at the "intercom" desk directly beside the stage

cc

6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

:oops:

That is true, you would think that to come up with this elaborate design, you would think that they would add some important stuff like that.

crazy chris likes this.
  7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

:sympathy::sympathy::sympathy:
    I want a backstage playset. :p

8. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I've owned three Backstage playets, one of which was unopened, and I don't recall any of them coming with an instruction sheet.

Alex

9. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The playset never came with instructions. But there were some fanmade ones online at one point. It appears that they've disappeared, however.

10. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

You're right, but Palisades posted pictures and information on their website when it first came out. :)

:hungry:

Bridget likes this.
  11. NaggyMaggy

NaggyMaggy New Member

ooh lucky! I hope you are able to find the instructions!

12. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

Where did you get it and how much $$??

13. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

Aww, I sorry. :)

14. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

I was actually able to snag it off of eBay for $450.00.

15. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

Oh man, that's nearly a month's rent haha. I can't even believe I passed up the chance to buy this playset when it came out - mind you, I was around 14 or 15 at time. I'd jumped into the line at Series 5 and bought every figure until Series 9 from my local comic shop. And I lived out in the middle of nowhere. I remember they only had one Backstage Playset in stock, but the $50 price tag was what I made in a month, so I - ugh - passed, even though I had the money. I also think I unfairly compared it to the Swedish Chef set and it's 500 accessories - this barebones set didn't really excite me at the time. Honestly, one of my biggest regrets. And I feel like that's pretty depressing in itself, haha.

However, in that same trip, I did score a White Shirt Lips from that comic shop for - if I recall correctly - $14.99.

16. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

Haha. Nice score on Lips though! I do that all the time when I think about these guys. I was there when they all started coming out, but wasn't old enough to be able to get them. And now we gotta fight eBay, when back then they were dirt cheap. Hindsight's 20/20 though.

And no, I totally did not pay that all at once! Lol. The seller was generous enough to let me make a couple payments in order to get it. :)

:hungry: