Bad Chef! Bad!

BEAR

Reaction score
Why does Chef always look like he is smoking a joint!? I am so annoyed by this!! It's just dumb.

Also, when did they stop using real human hands for Chef? It was a lot better whenever he had the real hands and not the tiny little disturbing baby hands.

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
When does he look like he's smoking?

In most of the pictures I see him in, his one hand is positioned really close to his lips and it looks like he is smoking pot. Every one! It kinda looks like an "okie dokie" sign, but then you look at his face and it doesnt look like just that. Does every picture with Chef have to be posed like that?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
In most of the pictures I see him in, his one hand is positioned really close to his lips and it looks like he is smoking pot. Every one! It kinda looks like an "okie dokie" sign, but then you look at his face and it doesnt look like just that. Does every picture with Chef have to be posed like that?
ROFLMAOLOL!!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Can't say I've noticed this myself. Although, it could be that your accusations are correct and he actually speaks perfect English....:wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i don't ever recall him smoking and if he did I doubt he's be smoking pot. after all TMS was a family show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think The Swedish Chef still has human hands. I thought that he did in The Muppets Wizard of Oz. He usually just has muppet hands in promotional pictures where a poser puppet is used. It's probably easier for a poser to have muppet hands than real hands.

The only times I can think of where he had muppet hands in actual productions (and not pictures) were in various full-body shots where it would have been impossible for a performer to use his real hands for the chef (because the performer wouldn't have anywhere to hide) and in the first episode of Muppets Tonight (I don't know why he had muppet hands there).

Here are all full-body shots of the chef that I know of:
-in the Linda Ronstadt episode, where he makes champaign and ends up popping to the sky, landing in the following Muppet News Sketch.

-in the bike riding scene in The Great Muppet Caper.

-I think he was seen in full-body view when the muppets were climbing down from the roof of the mallory gallery in The Great Muppet Caper.

-There was a full-body shot of him sitting on something in the plane at the end of The Great Muppet Caper (although in that scene it would have been easy for a performer to hide from view).

-during the end credits of The great Muppet Caper, there is at least one full body shot of The Swedish Chef (I think there were more than one).

BEAR

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i don't ever recall him smoking and if he did I doubt he's be smoking pot. after all TMS was a family show.

He didn't and I never said he did. He is just always posed like that.