Bad Closing Numbers

giovannii

Reaction score
Is it just me or don't you think the Ruth Buzzi episode should have ended with "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd". The Muppet Panal is a horrible way of closing the episode.

I also think Florence Henderson should have ended with "Happy Together" instead of the Koozbanian Ritual.

I also Juliet Prowse would have ended better with "Simon Smith & His Amazing Dancing Bear".

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You certainly are correct about Ruth Buzzi. The panel discussion seemed completely out of place at the end especially since Ruth had just introduced Buffalo Herd as the closing of the show in the first place.
Perhaps Happy together and Koozebanian ritual would have worked better switched around.
Personally I liked the Muppet Glee Club at the end of Juliet Prowse. But that's only my opinion.

giovannii

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
You certainly are correct about Ruth Buzzi. The panel discussion seemed completely out of place at the end especially since Ruth had just introduced Buffalo Herd as the closing of the show in the first place.
Perhaps Happy together and Koozebanian ritual would have worked better switched around.
Personally I liked the Muppet Glee Club at the end of Juliet Prowse. But that's only my opinion.
While Muppet Glee Club also works well, the fact that the entire Backstage storyline revolves around the Simon Smith Number and for it to not be the closing number is a bit strange.

I think Muppet Glee Club could have been used in a later episode where the closing number isnt that strong. eg: Harvey Korman. Robin singing "Halfway Down The Stairs" could have appeated half way during the episode & Muppet Glee Club couldve been the closing number.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppet Glee Club could have been a UK spot.

Maybe the producers planned for the panel discussion in the Ruth Buzzi episode to be shown earlier, but at the last minute decided that Ruth Buzzi should have been in the closing act and moved it after the closing number and decided not to edit the introduction (or maybe they didn't want to shorten the time and didn't have time to add something new to fill the time). Of course, if they wanted the show to end with Ruth Buzzi, they should have rearranged her acts in this order:

* Spy Interrogation Sketch
* Talk Spot
* Panel Discussion
* You're Just Too Good To Be True

That way, she would have sang in the closing number.

For the Florence Henderson episode, it seems like they were trying to experiment by not having an opening or closing number. Of course, "Elusive Butterfly" could have easily been an opening number, and "Happy Together" should have been the closing number.

giovannii

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
The Muppet Glee Club could have been a UK spot.

Maybe the producers planned for the panel discussion in the Ruth Buzzi episode to be shown earlier, but at the last minute decided that Ruth Buzzi should have been in the closing act and moved it after the closing number and decided not to edit the introduction (or maybe they didn't want to shorten the time and didn't have time to add something new to fill the time). Of course, if they wanted the show to end with Ruth Buzzi, they should have rearranged her acts in this order:

* Spy Interrogation Sketch
* Talk Spot
* Panel Discussion
* You're Just Too Good To Be True

That way, she would have sang in the closing number.

For the Florence Henderson episode, it seems like they were trying to experiment by not having an opening or closing number. Of course, "Elusive Butterfly" could have easily been an opening number, and "Happy Together" should have been the closing number.
I like your idea with the Ruth Buzzi episode. HAving Sweetums say "That's my kind of woman" would have been a good closing line. Then again the next episode would end with Animal saying the same thing. I wonder if that had anything to do with the placement of her number.