Banana Splits

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Does anybody enjoy the Banana Splits?
I am not asking if you like eating banana splits understand, but rather did you enjoy watching Hanna-Barbera's classic Comedy TV series featuring Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky? I always thought they were brilliant.
They were not puppets but they were fully costumed people so they were sort of related to puppets.
Does anybody remember watching them long time ago?

peachesncream

Reaction score
i remember them.that's another one of those shows not alot of people remember like the letter people.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hello peachesncream. What an interesting username. It's actually slightly ironic that the first person to answer my thread about the Banana Splits should have such a username. It is poetic isn't it?
But back to the serious topic I'm happy that you remember them. They don't make television quite like them any more and their humour was rather corny but very moralistic.

Andy

Reaction score
Thanks, now I have the theme song stuck in my head, lol

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
One banana, two banana, three banana, four
Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Comin' to bring you the Banana Split show
Makin' up a mess of fun, makin' up a mess of fun
Lots of fun for everyone

(CHORUS)
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la

Four banana, three banana, two banana, one
All bananas playin' in the bright warm sun.
Flippin' like a pancake, popping like a cork
Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper an' Snork

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Two banana, four banana, one banana, three
Swingin' like a bunch on monkeys, hangin' from a tree.
Hey there, ev'rybody, won't you come along and see
How much like Banana Splits ev'ryone can be

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Makin up a mess of fun
Makin up a mess of fun
Happiness for ev'ryone
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Banana splits did a movie called "The Banana Splits in Hocus Pocus Park" in 1972. The Splits are tour guides who offer to take a little girl, Susie, on a tour of a theme park. The little girl spies a runaway balloon and tries to retreive it. The balloon floats away, and right into a billboard advertising an area of the park inhabited by Hocus and Pocus, magicians with special powers, and an evil witch. As Susie and the Splits enter the billboard they become animated characters and encounter the witch. The witch captures Susie, and the Splits with the help of Hocus and Pocus must fight a mechanical knight to gain her freedom. - great movie! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Does anybody remember all the extra bonus features that used to be on the Banana Splits Show inbetween the skits? There were animated adventure cartoons called The Three Musketeers, Arabian Knights and Micro-Venture. They were very enjoyable. There was also a live action cliffhanger serial called Danger Island.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember The Banana Splits, my favorite episode was when they kept encountering twin girls that sang "Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay". Oh and The Arabian Nights rule, my favorite was the one that could turn into an animal. "Size of a goat", lol.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
Yeah, I remember The Banana Splits, my favorite episode was when they kept encountering twin girls that sang "Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay". Oh and The Arabian Nights rule, my favorite was the one that could turn into an animal. "Size of a goat", lol.
Yes I liked that character too. He obviously had the use of one special magic spell though it was never actually called magic perhaps to avoid confusion among the kids watching regarding Farikk the general Magician.
Of course when he magically transformed into the size of an animal the shape was an automatic obligation. I think he accomplished a lot more things on their missions literally being in the shape of the animals lol

Incidentally I wonder if Robin Hood and his Merry Men had some inspiration for Prince Turhan and the Arabian Knights.
The tyrant Bakaar and his right hand Vangar, whatever his name was remind me a lot of Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham.
And the knights even have their own Maid Marian except that the Princess Nida is not Turhans sweetheart but a blood relative his cousin.

peachesncream

Reaction score
thanks for stirring up the memories.
as for the name my husband calls me peaches and i just elaborated on it and now peachesncream is my name for everything. i'm actually not that creative.
i think i enjoyed the banana splits better than the cartoons.