Barack Obama

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Has anybody else been following Senator Obama's career as of late? As I posted in another thread, I am currently reading the senator's book The Audacity of Hope, and the more I read, the more I pray that he will be chosen as the candidate for the Democratic party in 2008.

Barack Obama is the man our country needs to pull us out of this horrible slump we've been in. Senator Obama is a genuine person and I think he has the potential to be one of the finest president's this country has seen in a long time. Oh, and Oprah supports him... what more could anyone ask for?

Any opinions? Feel free to disagree with me... I respect that

MrsWembly

Reaction score
SAME HERE! I love Barack Obama! I hope he runs in 2008 too! I haven't read his book yet but I've read a lot about him. He is my #1 choice! :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope he runs, but only if its indefinate that he will win. I hope the same nefarious forces of racism that probably hampered Jesse Jackson's run don't foil him.

I mean, I'm GLAD to see a rising star of the Democratic party. I'm not a fan of any side, by any means, but if anyone can help turn the country around I will say it is he.

Personally, I SURE AS SHELL do not want to see John Kerry or Hillary Clinton run. They might as well dissolve the Democratic party, and hand everything over to the Republicans, that way. I do feel sorry for the Dems. They just don't know how to win a campaign.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I don't think that race had anything to do with Jesse Jackson not winning. But I could see this guy winning.

Event though Gas prices are down, the economy is stronger then it's ever been in out nations history factually, the dow Jones has bee hitting new highs and unenployment is at the lowest poing it's ever been in the history of our nation. (I don't but all the Media hype and presidant bashing from the news, not that I'm for or aginst him). You can't really blame any president for any state the economy is in and if you did, the last one would be just as much at falut. But It's the people who are in charge and deside the fate of the economy.

He did say that people from both parties (and their both hipicritacal) have good points and have good Idea's, so let's just go with the good Ideas. This guy's got my vote. I mean I heard Rush Limbal say say he he might consider voting for him. This guy (Barack) is good, And I'm not with any party, but I agree he is what the dems need if they want to win.

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I do feel sorry for the Dems. They just don't know how to win a campaign.
Yes, its even harder for the dems to win with people voting on Diebold machines.
:crazy:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
well the DEMS won the house and congress

but if the predency in -08 is going to be hard

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
well the DEMS won the house and congress

but if the predency in -08 is going to be hard
I disagree... I think this shows that our country is fed up with the way the republicans have been running the show for the last six years and they are ready to give the democrats a chance to fix it. If the next two years goes of congress goes better than the last six (not that it could get any worse) then the democrats have a very very good chance of winning the presidential election in '08... especially with a candidate like Barack Obama

MrsWembly

Reaction score
EasyBeinGreen said:
I think this shows that our country is fed up with the way the republicans have been running the show for the last six years and they are ready to give the democrats a chance to fix it.
I agree but I still think it will be still be hard for democrats to get anything done with Bush still in office. At least Rumsfeld is out of the picture now.
:smile: