Baseball song

Nicole

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a song about a baseball team that was losing a game and then a stranger on the field helps them win? I do not remember the exact words but I remember that in the middle of the song the announcer says (in a strange voice): Then suddenly, a stranger shows up on the field. (another sentence) But all that they could think of was doom! Woman singing: Then another one said give him a chance. Let's see what he can do.

I do not remember the exact words to how the rest of it goes, but I remember that the stranger was a good player and helped the team win. Could anybody tell me the rest of the words? Thank you.

ssetta

Reaction score
The title is "Stranger - Baseball in Central Park", it was written by Ernest Troost and Maxine Fisher, I believe it's from 1985, it was sung by a female, and her voice echoed, as if it were a live concert. Here are the lyrics:

On a bright spring day in Central Park
The score was 3 to 2
And though it was a practice game
The fans would cheer and boo
"Batter up!" was heard across the park
The umpire's voice did boom
(song temporarily stops, with eerie background music, and a mysterious voice says:smile:
And with that, a stranger appeared on the field
and was given the look of doom.
(song remains:smile:
"Get off the mound", the players yelled
But the stranger wouldn't move
He wanted to play, that much was clear
But everyone disapproved
Except 1 boy who said, "Give him a chance,
Let's see what he can do"
And then he made a spectacular catch
It seems he almost flew

The crowd went wild and stranger smiled
They begged him to remain
He went and played for much all season
And brought them exceptional fame
And brought them exceptional fame!

Some of them may not be exact, but that's what I remember.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Wow, that bought back memories! I'd love to see that sketch again. That was one that used to appear quite often when I watched SS as a kid.