Batman: Gotham Knight (DVD 2008)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how fans around here felt about the Batman: Gotham Knight DVD coming this July 8th?

Abbreviated Project Description:
Acclaimed screenwriters including David Goyer (Batman Begins) Josh Olson (A History of Violence) and Alan Burnett (Batman The Animated Series) join forces with revered animation filmmakers on six spellbinding chapters chronicling Batman's transition from novice crimefighter to Dark Knight. The villains include the Scarecrow, Killer Croc and a revamped version of marksman Deadshot. Even though each mini episode has a different style and director it all weaves together resulting in one cohesive story. This is a concept obviously inspired by the successful Animatrix vignettes.

Like “Justice League: The New Frontier” and “Superman: Doomsday” this DVD is rated PG-13 which appears to be where DC is heading. Once feeling the need to appease parents and censors with “Super Friends” type projects, DC is now pushing the boundaries of the genre in rewarding older fans with beautiful stylized projects that don’t pull all the punches.

Personally, I like this new direction and believe there’s a great market for it if done right. I am looking forward to this new “Batman: Gotham Knight” hitting stores ten days before the theatrical release of Nolan’s “Dark Knight” July 18th date.

Telly

Reaction score
I kinda like how they make animated pre-quels or inbetweenquels. The Animatrix was cool and I also liked the Van Helsing one. I never saw the Riddick one though cuz I've never had interest in seeing any of those movies.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's like you get the story between the story because they don't have time enough to tell the whole thing in the in the time ti takes to tell what happened in the movie. In beteeqeuls.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I particularly like the different styles of art and the ways the world of Batman and Gotham are explored. Here's the link to the trailer for the DVD. http://warnervideo.com/batmangothamknight/ It's more than just filler between films; it's an artpiece in itself. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
II want to get the 2 disk special edition myself. It comes with bonus episodes of the original Batman TAS.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
II want to get the 2 disk special edition myself. It comes with bonus episodes of the original Batman TAS.
You mean like never released before? Because I have all the season of the Animated series on DVD.