Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
After bringing up so many threads that mention all sorts of new stuff about Spider-Man 3, I decided to go ahead and start a discussion thread, so any of us can bring up new updates, share ideas of what we think might happen in the third movie or what we look forward to seeing, and a lot of other stuff.

I start out by mentioning what two news that came up today. The first is the SM3 website that has now been heavily updated. Check it out here:

http://spiderman3.sonypictures.com/

The second is what SM3 producer Grant Curtis told SHH! (SuperHero Hype!) about the whole deal with the four villains, which he said (and I quote)....

That is not really the case, as the movie involves mostly Sandman, New Goblin and Venom. The black suit is often referred to as a fourth villain, but it's more Spidey's struggle within himself, which is, of course, a very big part of the story as well.
And if there are some that are worried about the number of villains in the movie, Curtis also added.....

We don't just throw a villain into a Spidey movie. Every villain in the movie has a connection to Peter Parker's story, which remains the center of the franchise. From Harry's growing tension with Peter over the death of Harry's father, to Sandman being the real killer of Uncle Ben, and Venom's connection to Peter (you'll have to see the movie to find out what that is!), everything is told through Parker's story.
And when SHH! asked about the possibility of a Spider-Man 4....

All the people involved with Spider-Man 3 are working really hard towards the May 4 release date and haven't had a chance to think about a fourth film. In fact, on each of the Spidey movies, they have really put all of their effort into the project at hand and haven't thought beyond that.
Whether there might be a fourth movie or not, I still look forward to seeing the third one.:smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I wonder if this Spidey/Venom "connection" is the same "connection" as in Ultimate Spiderman for DS

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, they are following some of the continuity from the "Ultimate" comic books, seeing as how Eddie Brock is being referred to as Eddie Brock, Jr.

But if you're talking about how Peter Parker and Eddie were childhood friends, whose fathers were involved in the creation of the symbiote costume, then I think so (except for the fathers as scientists part, because the symbiote is coming from outer space in the film).

MWoO

Reaction score
well the creation of the suit is kind of a huge part of the ultimate continuity. Seems like the suit origin is more like the animate series.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what they said it will be like.

John Jameson's supposed to "accidentally" bring the symbiote down to Earth from the moon. But I'm wondering if he'll "accidentally" crash his space shuttle into the Manhattan Bridge like in the animated series (probably not).:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
I hope not. I'd like them to do the full ultimate story, but I think a movie would be too short for that to be fleshed out with the backstory AND the current story.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Especially when they have to deal with three villains.:smile:

They say the version of Eddie Brock in the movie is an amalgamation of two Eddies (one from the original continuity and the other from the ultimate), so you might see more of the ultimate than the original in the film. The only reference I see from the original is the insignia on his chest, which is based strongly on Todd MacFarlane's artwork from the comic book.

MWoO

Reaction score
I believe the insignia on Venom is back in the ultimate comics. I played the ultimate spider-man video game and the story line in the game is in continuity with the comic and in the game is gets the white spider on his chest.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I'm really really really excited, I loved the other movies (im not a comic book fan so I dont really know the true characters) but im excited about the movie!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Spider-Man has actually replaced Star Wars as my all time favorite movie series (outside of the Muppets, of course). I'm not big on comic books anymore, but I love these movies!