Battleship Box Office Weak, Avengers Still Strong, And The Dictator Still On Lows

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Guys I'm Not Going To Be Doing This EVERY WEEKEND!! So Don't Expect EVERY WEEKEND Being A Box Office Number On Me!! Ok, WE SETTLED, OK, GOOD, Now Here's The Link​
And Here's The Box Office Numbers​
1. Marvel’s The Avengers (Disney) Week 3 [4,349 Runs] PG13
Friday $15.5M, Weekend $52.5M, Cume $454.5M
2. Battleship (Universal) NEW [3,690 Runs] PG13
Friday $9.5M, Weekend $26M
3. The Dictator (Paramount) NEW-Wed [3,008 Runs] R
Friday $5.5M, Weekend $16.0M, Cume $23.0M
4. What To Expect When You’re Expecting (Lionsgate) NEW [3,021 Runs] PG13
Friday $4.4M, Weekend $12.0M
5. Dark Shadows (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,755 Runs] PG13
Friday $3.7M (-61%), Weekend $11.5M, Cume $49.6M
6. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 9 [2,064 Runs]
Friday $850K, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $391.0M
7. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Fox Searchlight) Week 3 [354 Runs] PG13
Friday $800K, Weekend $3M, Cume $8.7M
8. Think Like A Man (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 5 [1,722 Runs] PG13
Friday $800K, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $85.6M
9. The Lucky One (Warner Bros) Week 5 [2,055 Runs] PG13
Friday $650K, Weekend $1.8M, Cume $57.0M
10. Pirates! Band Of Misfits (Aardman/Sony) Week 4 [1,840 Runs] PG
Friday $450K, Weekend $1.4M, Cume $25.7M

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fact that Battleship even came in at number 2 is an insult to humanity. I'm glad Avengers is still making a fortune, and clearly going to kick its butt this weekened too, especially since I saw it Thursday and it was AMAZING.

But I don't see how this is weekend box office when the Weekend just started. More like Friday receipts.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The fact that Battleship even came in at number 2 is an insult to humanity.
I Agree
But I don't see how this is weekend box office when the Weekend just started. More like Friday receipts.
I Know Right, But Sometimes People Do Referr Fridays As The Start Of The Weekend, Weird Right

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Also, What's Your Avatar? The Show Seems Fimiliar But I Can't Remember The Name!!, Could You Tell Me The Name Of The Show Pleassse:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is The Dictator number three? Are there people out there who actually like these one-dimensional one-name title character Sacha Baron Cohen movies?

Hubert

Reaction score
Really, this would be a good idea for a thread though. It'd be a fun discussion to discuss the box office numbers each week.

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Did anyone here see Pirates? It's really the only movie out now that I have any interest in until Beauty and the Beast is rereleased over here. And I don't know if that's even going to happen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why is The Dictator number three? Are there people out there who actually like these one-dimensional one-name title character Sacha Baron Cohen movies?

Yes.

I'm more shocked anyone would see Battleship. It's another a-BAY-mination. Sacha Baron Cohen's humor is a matter of taste, but he has fans. Almost saw it Thursday and waited to see The Avengers today, actually.

But I hate to think for one second anyone wants to see anything even indirectly involved with Michael Bay. I DREAD what he's going to do to the TMNT, and he's only the producer.

Now before someone says "making Battleship a movie means Hollywood has run out of ideas," and I know someone's going to, it really doesn't. The truth is actually much worse. They have ideas, they just don't want to use them because they don't make money and they aren't what producers want to make.

Seriously... the only difference between Uwe Bowl and Michael Bay is the fact that MB is worth a crapload of money. And UB's movies are almost less awful.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Really, this would be a good idea for a thread though. It'd be a fun discussion to discuss the box office numbers each week.
Yes, It Would Be Fun, Wouldn't It, Tell You What, Maybe I'll do Box Office Numbers Each Week For The Summer