Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! impressions

Drtooth

Reaction score
To me this was a temped to make the show for a more kids audience but still a neat way of doing it. I at first didn't really like what the characters looked liked at first but I it has grown one me.
Something tells me they wanted to channel Seth MacFarline when designing the characters. I saw the first designs of these characters and really didn't get it at first, but they look far better in animation.

There are like 3 legitimate parody Scooby-Doo shows (4 if you count What's New Scooby-Doo to an extent, I sort of don't and sort of do). This one, Pup Named, and Mystery Inc (being a darker parody, but with some lighter gags here and there). This one seems to be partially tongue in cheek at least. I'm glad that Daphne's Pinkie Pie-ish behavior has cooled off since the first few episodes. I get that they wanted to give the character an interesting angle and they didn't want her to be the her the girly girl fashion plate character (who she was only during Pup Named Scooby-Doo, but even then it was parody) she became since the movies. Movies also being parody. Other than the design and more early Family Guy-ish, Phineas and Ferb type humor, it's pretty much the same Scooby-Doo. Kinda makes me worried because law of averages says the next Scooby-Doo series (which I hope we don't have to worry about for a while) could very well be the off series where they change the formula.

And yes these are actually more important to the franchise than they seem. After all, breaking up the monotony of the Scooby-Doo formula...makes us desire the formula all the more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not only did they have an episode with the (obviously non-canonical) origin of Scooby Snacks, but they also grapple with the moral ambiguity of bribing Scooby and Shaggy with them.

Not only are Shaggy and Scooby completely okay with it, they actually come out as gaming the system. They would've done what they were told anyway, but now they can score snacks to do what they were going to do.

I also like how, while Daphne has become written a lot less Pinkie Pie-ish in recent episodes, they have a nice nod to her odd puppet obsession from the first episode.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Not only did they have an episode with the (obviously non-canonical) origin of Scooby Snacks, but they also grapple with the moral ambiguity of bribing Scooby and Shaggy with them.

Not only are Shaggy and Scooby completely okay with it, they actually come out as gaming the system. They would've done what they were told anyway, but now they can score snacks to do what they were going to do.

I also like how, while Daphne has become written a lot less Pinkie Pie-ish in recent episodes, they have a nice nod to her odd puppet obsession from the first episode.
This was really so far my newest favorites episode. Also loved the nodded to Daphne with her puppet obsession and also for introducing to us how the Scooby Snacks were founded.

Pretty cool to see the wizard character be another odd to the older shows. This character came from the show "The Scooby Doo Show" from the 70's in which an episode called ""Scared a Lot in Camelot"

Couldn't find a pic of the Be Cool Scooby Doo villian that looks kinda similar to this one.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just when Fred couldn't get any crazier with outfitting gadgets in the Mystery Machine, he just topped himself with the Mystery Mecha! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow I got flashbacks of Megas XLR from that.

The icing on the cake was how weak and ineffective the mech really was against the robotic giant.

Also dug the Green Eggs and Ham bit that ended with Shaggy and Scooby puking.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Somehow I got flashbacks of Megas XLR from that.

The icing on the cake was how weak and ineffective the mech really was against the robotic giant.

Also dug the Green Eggs and Ham bit that ended with Shaggy and Scooby puking.
Same here loved all the inside jokes and even getting to see the Van in it's first incarnation of when Fred makes the Mystery Machine look old and broken down. I thought that was a good throw back to the first episode.