"Beaches" is now advertising for SS

Rosewood

Reaction score
I think I just caught a glimps of Sesame Street's newest source of advertisement. For a long time now, "Beaches" resorts has been a sponsor for SS, and, in return, has been getting their business recognized at the beginning of each SS episode. Well, now they (Beaches) are going one step further and are starting to advertise SS as being part of their big family. I saw this advertisement a few minutes ago on "Fox News Channel". "Beaches" was advertising their business when the woman speaking stated something about "Elmo and all his other SS friends" which is what caught my attention. I looked up to see the SS logo on the corner of the screen and it was there for the whole advertisement. As for what they were addressing, (and I may be wrong here. please correct me if I am), I could have swore she said something about Elmo and his friends actually being present at the resorts. Does anyone else Know anything about this?:confused:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
My Wal-mart has a travel agency inside of it, and I vaguely remember there being some sort of big poster for a deal with their cruises or something, that the SS characters would be there (I think they were walk-around costumes). However I dont' know how correct that is.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Thats the kind of message I got, also.

MrsPepper said:
My Wal-mart has a travel agency inside of it, and I vaguely remember there being some sort of big poster for a deal with their cruises or something, that the SS characters would be there (I think they were walk-around costumes). However I dont' know how correct that is.
That's basically the way I interperated it, too. I just wasn't sure if they were only refering to their cruises, or to their resorts as well. Man, can you imagine what kind of publicity this is going to bring! I think we may have just discovered SW's "Secret Weapon" to counter act Disney's purchase of Kermit and Co.!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I believe I've seen these advertisments for about a year now... or at least it seems like that, but yes, they said that the SS characters would be there, and in the advertisment, they WERE the walk-around costume characters.