1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

beaker replica on ebay naughty naughty

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by puppetise, Feb 18, 2006.

1. puppetise

puppetise Member

2. Dwo shwoom

Dwo shwoom Member

poor beaker, if this ^&*^& doesnt stop with this clone madness, i might as well go crazy and clone dr. teeth, :D no, really, this guy needs to stop NOW
  3. Dwo shwoom

Dwo shwoom Member

and besides, when for some reason the muppets business is re-creating the characters to fit the present, and some of the old stunt and casual extras need thrown out, they'll have a big auction, powerball winners and millionares will punch each other to get some of the puppets, If I enter, I'd like to have dr teeth, but since this might not happen and its all in my head, I'll just create my own puppets that mimmicks what type of puppet dr. teeth is.:D
  4. Tztz

Tztz Member

yep
    i guess this is the best solution:p
  5. Dwo shwoom

Dwo shwoom Member

what, the auction part, or the style part?
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It seems like the seller is trying to pass it off as a real muppet puppet, as in a genuine muppet cause I didnt see anything that said it was a replica.
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The skin is different...

But the eyes, nose, hair, and basic shape to give it away a tad...

It's actually quite good work, illeagle, but good.
  8. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

it is quite good. Hope this doesnt turn into another discussion about copyrights and whether its right or wrong. its boring :)
  9. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

I noticed this too. Its cool that someone can make a high quality puppet like that, but its bad that they're trying to pass it off as real. Heck, even a replica could take in a lot of cash. Since Henson doesn't sell used Muppets, its no surprise demmand is so high on the black market.

There new knock-offs too:
    - Ernie replica (search for item # 4833528428)
    - Elmo replica (search for item # 4837435870)

To me, if its official or unofficial isn't even the crux of the debate. Women buy knock-off designer handbags and carry them around because they "look" real. I'm sure people will buy knock-off Muppets for the look as well.

Its just shame they don't use their talents to create some really wild original designs. I guess everyone is willing to sell-out for a price.
  10. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

11. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

Now that is strange. I wonder what is going on here. It is extremely fishy.
  12. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I talked to the guy through email and he said he bought the beaker from the new jersey guy and it was not what he was told. For example he was told it would have a nylon sleeve and it did not. He tried to charge him extra just for that. SO he is selling it. Thats what I was told.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Looks great for a replica! I'd take it if he sent it to me! :) LOL
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, it looks pretty good. :o
  15. Ray and Mia

Ray and Mia Member

Big no-no!!

yeah.. I also ran across some 'Henson character' replica puppets on Ebay as well. Elmo, Ernie, the Count to name a few that were selling upwards to $1000.00 Has anyone tried emailing these sellers and telling them it's against copyright laws? Or maybe contact Ebay directly about this seller(s)?

-Mia :mad:
  16. puppetise

puppetise Member

hey guys been away for a bit but i think making replicas is cool but selling them is not right
  17. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

HMMMM I just found something interesting... seems our New Jersey puppet builder has unregistered the two of his selling accounts. The person who bought the beaker puppet listed on the start of this thread has also mysteriously become unregistered.. hmmmm so it seems he is back to the mcct4aB98 account. Becarefull if you are buying from this guy. I know devonmiles has bought from him and had no problems . It just seems FISHY....