beaker replica on ebay naughty naughty

Dwo shwoom

Reaction score
poor beaker, if this ^&*^& doesnt stop with this clone madness, i might as well go crazy and clone dr. teeth, :big_grin: no, really, this guy needs to stop NOW

Dwo shwoom

Reaction score
and besides, when for some reason the muppets business is re-creating the characters to fit the present, and some of the old stunt and casual extras need thrown out, they'll have a big auction, powerball winners and millionares will punch each other to get some of the puppets, If I enter, I'd like to have dr teeth, but since this might not happen and its all in my head, I'll just create my own puppets that mimmicks what type of puppet dr. teeth is.:big_grin:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It seems like the seller is trying to pass it off as a real muppet puppet, as in a genuine muppet cause I didnt see anything that said it was a replica.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
it is quite good. Hope this doesnt turn into another discussion about copyrights and whether its right or wrong. its boring :smile:

SurfPark

Reaction score
I noticed this too. Its cool that someone can make a high quality puppet like that, but its bad that they're trying to pass it off as real. Heck, even a replica could take in a lot of cash. Since Henson doesn't sell used Muppets, its no surprise demmand is so high on the black market.

There new knock-offs too:
- Ernie replica (search for item # 4833528428)
- Elmo replica (search for item # 4837435870)

To me, if its official or unofficial isn't even the crux of the debate. Women buy knock-off designer handbags and carry them around because they "look" real. I'm sure people will buy knock-off Muppets for the look as well.

Its just shame they don't use their talents to create some really wild original designs. I guess everyone is willing to sell-out for a price.

pepestarr

Reaction score
Now that is strange. I wonder what is going on here. It is extremely fishy.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I talked to the guy through email and he said he bought the beaker from the new jersey guy and it was not what he was told. For example he was told it would have a nylon sleeve and it did not. He tried to charge him extra just for that. SO he is selling it. Thats what I was told.