Bean Bunny

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
OK, I've been doing something
That makes a change
Shut up voices in my head!
You shut up!
You shut up!
Fine! What have you been thinking about?
I've been thinking about Bean Bunny
Why on earth....
Let me finish!! Anyway, where did Bean Bunny come from? After consulting Kermitage.com I have discovered that he is not from TMS. However, he did show up in MCC- so he can't have first appeared in MT because he had been in MCC by then!!
Who cares
I do, now listen! Where did Bean Bunny sprout from? Thankyou, I've been Daniel!
Boo!
Shut up!
Why dont you?
Will all of you shut up?
Sorry!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
*handing you a net Dan,for capturing those voices in your head*

Bean Bunny was in the 1986 The Tale of the Bunny Picnic.:big_grin:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Thanks for the net- though it's done no good
Aha! You'll never catch me!
Oh really- look over there!
Wha?
Ha ha ha ha! Gotcha!!

Seriously; after the thingy he was in first did he just become a part of the regular line-up suddenly? Thanks for the info btw!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi thought I'd help. With placing Bean Bunny, not the voices. You're on your own there, we all have our own...
*Counting echoes in the back.

Ahem, not sure when The Tale of the Bunny Picnic first aired. However, Bean Bunny did sort of become part of the main group of Muppets. At least, the main group of Muppets used in the next main Muppet production for TV, the Jim Henson Hour in 1989.
*Kermit's voice pops in: See, we hired Bean to be cute for the rest of us. That way we don't have to."
Now shoo, shoo.

After that, Bean Bunny was made part of the main group of Muppets on the animated series Muppet Babies around some point in the 1990's.
Bean even appeared in the Muppets TV special, the Muppets at Walt Disney World.
The thing is, I think that TOTBP along with The Christmas Toy were made as part of a concept to make a Muppet special for each month of the year. But these two were the only ones made before moving on to JHH.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Xerus

Reaction score
Also, I think Bean Bunny was added so that Steve Whitmire could have another main character to perform besides Rizzo.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi thought I'd help. With placing Bean Bunny, not the voices. You're on your own there, we all have our own...
*Counting echoes in the back.
After that, Bean Bunny was made part of the main group of Muppets on the animated series Muppet Babies around some point in the 1990's.
Bean even appeared in the Muppets TV special, the Muppets at Walt Disney World.
The thing is, I think that TOTBP along with The Christmas Toy were made as part of a concept to make a Muppet special for each month of the year. But these two were the only ones made before moving on to JHH.
Hope this helps and have a good day.
Oh of course, JHH
How could you forget Jim Henson Hour?
Oh shut up! You're just bitter because I beat you at chess
I gave up
And therefore you forfeited the game to me
Gave up!
Forfeited
Gave up!
Forfeited
Cough cough!
Sorry, as I was saying, thanks for the info!

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I've always thought that Bean would have been good as the gopher on Muppets Tonight. I know that Steve Whitmere already had Kermit and Rizzo but I think Bean could have fitted into the role better than Rizzo.

One complaint about Riz is that for a while they tried to make him all things to all Muppets for a while (cashing in on his popularity I suppose) but the personality that liked to eat and spend time with Gonzo didn't seem to fit in with the organised act he did as Clifford's gopher.

As it happens, I think only made one appearance on Muppets Tonight when he was selling cookies - although I could be wrong.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Bean Bunny was also one of the main characters in MuppetVision 3D at Disney MGM Studios at Disney World. I suppose this came along around the same time or after the Muppets at Walt Disney World but I'm not sure. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention another place Bean Bunny just showed up in the late 80's early 90's. At first I thought he was just as annoying as Elmo, but now I kind of like him!

Xerus

Reaction score
Bean made a current appearance in the Muppet's Party Cruise video game. He was challenging the gang to a game of speed bingo and he was calling out the winning numbers in his familiar voice.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the cuteness factor can influence your liking of Bean Bunny. But if you can get 'em, do yourself a favor and get some JHH episodes.
In the episode titled Garbage, there's a point where the Garbage Bags had been herded away and Leon tries to enforce a contract with Kermit to have him pay up $120 when Kermit said he'd only pay under $100.
Kermit: "This contract is nothing but garbage."
The Garbage Bags trample the frog, and the bunny then pops up and recycles jokes from the infamous "heard of cows" Vet's Hospital sketch from TMS.
Then there are the movie trailers before Dog City starts up.
There's the one that's sweetness saturated, Bean Bunny and the Cuteness Thief.
Digit switches the channel and Bean gets upset.

Bean: "Hey! You switched the channel."
Digit: "Sorry, my circuits were starting to be corroded by all the sweetness."
B: That was only half of an all-Bean double heading.
D: I'm not sure I can take another film.
B: Oh no, it goes completely against my image.
D: I'll have to think about this.

And then we go to Bean dressed up as Beanbo, shooting off his weaponry at everything in sight.
Announcer: Cuteness has now learned how to kill.
B, sort of infatuated with himself as a star: Isn't it great? I can slash and burn and still be adorable.