1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bean Bunny

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Lamina, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Lamina New Member

What did you think of Bean Bunny?
    That's the point when I stopped watching... Muppet Babies jumped the shark when they introduced a new character. What do you think?
    :halo:
  2. BEAR Active Member

I really like Bean, actually. I don't remember him on The Muppet Babies, but outside of that, I've always liked the little guy.
  3. The Count Moderator

Bean was a good addition to the MB cast. You have to remember, this was after his introduction in The Tale of the Bunny Picnic and JHH in/around 1988/1989. So his late addition was a move to maybe try and incorporate him to the already-established group and also probably give him some added time to integrate himself as an overall character to the main Muppet core.
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

I thought Bean was good on Muppet Babies, they were really trying hard to make him a full character. But yeah, he's being there was a sign that the show was jumping the shark. I think it's hard to just add a new regular cast member into the mix and not interrupt the flow of the show. Whereas Baby Bunsen and Beaker were only occasional "guest stars."
  5. BEAR Active Member

Yeah, Baby Bunsen and Beaker were awesome! Didn't Bunsen have huge bunny slippers?
  6. The Count Moderator

It's possible... And on the subject of MB additions...
    Don't forget Camilla was a stuffed chicken in real MB's reality, but became a live little chicken in their imaginary world.
    There were also appearances by Robin as a tadpole in his fishbowl.
    Little/Toddler Janice appeared once in an episode with Bean Bunny.
    And then they had Statler and Waldorf as uncles who would come in and babysit from time to time.

Oh and Bry, there was a neat little SS reference in the episode where a bug got into Scooter's computer spy game, when they were parodying Ghostbusters.
  7. BEAR Active Member

Really, Ed? What was the reference? It's been so long since I've seen the cartoon I don't remember.
  8. Lamina New Member

Yea I actually LOVED when they had guest stars and I loved Camilla in fantasy world. Bunson and Beeker rocked and they knew there place on the show. They fit in perfectly in amazing episodes, I just dont feel that way about Bunny but Im glad you all enjoyed him.
    :halo:
  9. heralde Well-Known Member

Well, I think there was too much emphasis on Bean, every scene was about how cute he was or how he was taking over the scene. They weren't trying to blend him into the story. At least, that's how I remember it. And that's usually why new characters don't work on TV shows.

Yeah, it is amazing how well Bunsen and Beaker fit in to the group, and still stayed true to their adult personalities. I actually like Baby Bunsen better than adult Bunsen lol.
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

He was also in The Muppet's go to Disney World at the time, too.

I thought he was a great addition to the show.
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

I liked him in Muppet at Walt Disney World, being paired with Scooter. It was sort of like Scooter was the annoyed teenager having to babysit this overly eager little bunny lol.
  12. The Count Moderator

They sort of paired off that way in the MB episode where the babies became legendary pioneer tall tale characters.
    Scooter was Tom Sawyer and Bean was Huckleberry Finn.

Will tell you about the reference later Bry.
  13. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I remember that episode! And in the one where they're doing all those parodies of Star Wars and the Jetsons. Scooter is supposed to play the Jetson's son but Bean gets there first! lol
  14. The Count Moderator

Um... You mean Star Trek right? That's the one where Scooter is Scooti LaForge and you have Lieutenant Woof.

For the Star Wars parodies... Scooter was Scoo-2 Dee-2. Although there was a scene in a later episode where Gonzo thought Bean was an Ewok bunny.
    Funny stuff in that show...
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

There was an episode that had parodies of the Jetons, Star Trek and Star Wars, I just don't remember what it was called. But I did see it on youtube awhile ago, and Scooter was supposed to be playing the Jetson's son Scooti. Then, yeah you're right, later in the episode he was supposed to play R2 D2, but Bean ended up doing that as well.

Yeah, I know that episode was so funny, they were great at parody!
  16. Xerus Active Member

Back then, Bean was added to the Muppet cast so Steve Whitmire could have another character to perform besides Rizzo. But when Steve started performing Kermit regularly, Bean started making less appearances.

Kind of like how Pepe was added so that Bill Barretta could have a regular character as well.
  17. Ilikemuppets New Member

It was called "Muppet Babies The Next Generation".
  18. Kiki Active Member

I love Bean Bunny, I do. ;) He's soo cute! Well performed by Stevie. In fact I sent Steve a drawing of some of his characters and Bean was one of them. Love that lil' guy. :D
  19. BEAR Active Member

Yes, one of the Muppet Babies episodes I remember most was the Star Wars one. Who did they all play in that episode? I remember Rowlf parodying the Hans Solo character, right? And Fozzie as Chewbacca? What were they? (sorry if I am muffening)
  20. Ilikemuppets New Member

Gonz solo and Fuzz Wacca. LOL!:D