1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bear appears at WDW Christmas Parade

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by Bean Bunny, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

2. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Hello Everybody!,

Bear basically did the Bear Cha Cha in a whole group of children plus Regis and Kelly Ripa :D
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Right...so basically Mikey Fullerton, age 17, from Florida put on a Bear suit and paraded to karoke tracks.

Have you guys ever seen that horrid Sweetums "costume" they have the workers wear at MV3d? yeessh. Click on the Hollywood walk of fame photos to see the real Muppet Sweetums.
  4. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

No, actually it really was Bear. He talk about the Holidays and Walt Disney World.
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

For real? It was the actual Bear? Not bad...first public appearance of a Muppet since Kermit and Gonzo at that NYC Toys R Us.
  6. radionate

radionate New Member

How did Bear interact with Regis? Was Regis his typical self with the bear? What about Kelly? I think she has a real thing for children's characters now that she is starting a family of her own.
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah....and the Kermit and Piggy in the parade at MGM makes me wanna puke...but sweetums is better than them the costume is decent....we were at a parade, and he ran right up to my dad's camcorder, so i have a good picture of him on film....it's a decent costume...a lot better than those horrid piggy and kermit costume....there's your yeesh!
  8. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

Actually, the Sweetums costume in MV3D isn't bad at all - but you're right, the Kermit and Piggy costumes aren't very good. No Kermit and Piggy costumes are - they aren't meant to be seen that size - Kermit will always be too fat because human beings are not built the same way Kermit is. Same goes with Piggy, the dimensions just won't be right. But Sweetums is at his correct size, so proportionally he's correct. So he looks okay. I just ran into some pictures from the Muppet stage show in MGM studios from when I was in Disney World in 1991 or so - I'll see if I can post them here to show how wrong they were!

Jeremy
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

riiiiiiiiiight!
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Personally, I prefer *this* Sweetums costume^_^
    http://forums.palisadestoys.com/attachment.php?postid=15905

*me, who wishes everyone on here can some day meet an actual real life Muppet*
  11. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

I taped with my NEW DVD/VCR i got for christmas! thats the 1st thing i EVER taped on it, Bear was cool LOL i loved it when he wanted to be a Talk host with kelly Rgius (or how ever u spell his name lol :D )
  12. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

I prefer that one too, but the MV3D isn't so horrendous. I don't think the eyes can move, the mouth just flaps open. I want to be the guy inside the sweetums costume!!

Jeremy
  13. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Beaker

that's a very kind and selfless wish, i hope someday it comes true! is that you with sweetums in that photo?
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Beaker

Why thank you! Seriously though...I dont like to keep bagging on other companies...but theres no way one can see in person or meet Mickey and Bugs in real life. That's whats so neat about it.
    And I hope one of these days everyone on here can see in person/meet a Muppet/performer in person.

Why just this year there was a variety of events where you could see the Muppets in real life. Whether it was the onlookers when they were filming the Mastercard commercial or Kermit with Gonzo at a NYC Toys R Us, people in attendance at the Hollywood walk of fame thing, Brian Henson with Sal the monkey at Andover college, Croaker and Goggles at the San Diego Comic Con, etc.

Yeah that was me(albeit that was a year and 20 pounds ago;) )
    Unfortunately I only got to meet Sweetums Muppet wise...but I did get to be just a mere few feet away from Pepe and Elmo when they came into the front row section^_^
  15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

beaker i never thought about that.....thanks for rousing the ol' imagination
  16. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

huh? I never even heard if this! wow thats neat! Do you know anymore info about this?
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yep! Around Feb or March, one of several hush hush gigs last year. I think Brian performed Sal, and did some voices with Phil van Neuter(but dont think he had the puppet) I'd sure love a video tape of this!

I really enjoy hearing about 'unofficial'(ie: unpublicized/surprise)
    Muppet/peformer gigs. Its ;