Bear in 2004

beaker

Reaction score
Bear in the Big Blue House in 2004

So far the only thing Ive really seen as of late Bear wise is a guest spot on Hollywood Squares and new dvds.

So, does anyone know what if any plans there is for Bear in the Big Blue House both production, guest appearence and merchandise wise? I'd hate for it to be desolute for Bear and company in the new year.

Luke

Reaction score
Henson don't want to let the character die - they are talking about new stuff. I think it was mentioned they were trying to do new shows or specials, either with Disney or independantly. I guess the problem is (like Hoobs) that there are so many shows 'in the can' already it really limits the need for any expensive new productions. I think Princess Melora mentioned a thanksgiving appearance and the UK & USA Toy Fairs are coming up so if there is any new merchandise we should find out there.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Bear will be in a new series of Home Video releases (DVD), They will be based on Bear in the real world. The Gang will join him. Henson are looking for a deal with Disney or Viacom (I think it was Viacom, Dang!)

Bear In The Big Blue House Live is currently touring the UK and US.

beaker

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Bear will be in a new series of Home Video releases (DVD), They will be based on Bear in the real world. The Gang will join him. Henson are looking for a deal with Disney or Viacom (I think it was Viacom, Dang!)

Bear In The Big Blue House Live is currently touring the UK and US.
whoah! This is exactly what I had been asking for on MC since 1998! Thats so cool, to finally get Bear and company out of woodland valley and into the real world. This is very very cool news, thanks Warrick!

me
*a BIG time bear fan since 1997*

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Jimney Cricket!

At Disney, one hand really doesn't know what the other is doing. At Disney's California Adventure, "Playhouse Disney - Live Onstage" is without a doubt the best live show on resort property (I'm not just saying that because I'm in it.) We routinely play to packed houses, and consistently deliver on heckuva show. I have the unrivaled joy of walking in Noel's fur-clad footsteps and get bowled over by the audience response whenever I set foot onstage. The kids loooooooove Bear. When Tutter pops up, you'd think Elvis just walked onstage. The same for Pip & Pop, Treelo & Ojo. These characters are superstars.

So Disney is not ordering any new episodes? What the heck is wrong with them? :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

Save us Roy! Save us!

-- Scraps.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're having a hoot as Bear.....he's honestly one of the best things Henson has done ever. The short answer to your question about Disney is that like Luke said, they've shot enough episodes to run the series endlessly. It's great to hear Henson is doing some independent stuff though. Bear is a true classic.

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Well Buck, thanks for being a voice of reason. I hadn't considered the possibility that Disney had enough eps to last them a good long while.

And it is terrific news that JHC is producing direct-to-vid Bear projects.

As for Bear, he is magnificently constructed and practically performs himself. Noel is an amazing puppeteer, and really gives a hack like me something to aspire to.

-Scraps

beaker

Reaction score
I'm just so happy Bear and the gang are leaving the house and going into outer space...errr I mean real life. Maybe they'll run into Travelling Matt?

Drtooth

Reaction score
ScrapsFlippy said:
So Disney is not ordering any new episodes? What the heck is wrong with them? :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:
Your talking about a company that completely sold out to the Tween market, and as such reruns Boy Meets Wortld and The Smart Guy 5 hours a day!
:cry: