Bear in 2004

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Bear is Back

Hey guys,

Just a note to say that while the deal with Henson and Disney went through in the spring, there were a lot of legal matters to finalize before going ahead with any Muppet and Bear projects. Now that everything is signed and all the ink has dried, projects for Bear will be going full-speed ahead. Projects on the table include the direct to video/DVDs, a Bear in the real world series, and other projects. Disney also really wants Bear to have more of a presence in the parks, especially for the world-wide Disneyland Anniversary Celebration this October.

So onward and upward with Bear and friends!

Princess M.

McFraggle

Reaction score
That sounds good. I seen where they had recently re-released some of the DVDs under their own BV banner that Columbia had already released.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
That sounds good. I seen where they had recently re-released some of the DVDs under their own BV banner that Columbia had already released.
Really, where? Disney store, wal mart??!! :excited: :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Specifically, do you mean what happens to the property of Bear, or the character of Bear (i.e in movies, DVD's, new shows etc.)?

duderguy

Reaction score
BBBear!

Thought i woudl share some of my tid bits of information to previous questions on this thread-

1.Bear movie? YES as far as i have heard a script has indeed been written. but i doubt they will do anythign with it. just my opinion. Supposedly the bear show got alot of fan mail from middle aged type women that were stay at home moms or simply didint work. LOL. Supposedly these women saw bear as a sort of warm respectful, manly figure and its not too hard to imagaine- bear does have that sort of warm, comfy, protective feel to him. Kind of Like Dan Conner character from Rosanne. case in point he has the abilty to appeal to these older women, and its funny. Anyways i heard there is like a scene in supermarket where bear is shopping in the afternoon, and all of these ladies start coming up to him, and cooing over him.LOL. :flirt: i heard this through puppeteering on the FTFE tour of Bear, which has always kept a contact with several of the actuall performers on the TV show. They seemed to stop by the touring show once in a while which was nice.

2. Its a shame both Bear tours are now in the can, although bear was losing live audiences in my opinion a great deal due to its cruddy too early time slot on TV. Its amazing how bear is SO huge over in the UK and many here have almost forgotten it even still exists still on television! bascially because its just not seen here as often, as it is in the UK.

3.Disney theme park show? Yes I agree its a GREAT show. It;s well put together. I was able to spend some time in the puppet pit of the Orlando playhouse disney show last summer.

MATT

McFraggle

Reaction score
duderguy said:
2. Its a shame both Bear tours are now in the can, although bear was losing live audiences in my opinion a great deal due to its cruddy too early time slot on TV. Its amazing how bear is SO huge over in the UK and many here have almost forgotten it even still exists still on television! bascially because its just not seen here as often, as it is in the UK.
MATT
Yeah, that's one thing I'm still surprised about is that Disney hasn't scheduled a better time slot for Bear since the acquisition.

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Guys,

Disney paid over 50 million to own Bear in the Big Blue House -- more than they paid for Kermit and friends, actually. Obviously, you don't pay out that kind of cash if you're not going to continue to grow the franchise.

Disney is a huge company with many departments, egos, budgets and schedules. If things don't happen quickly, it's because of all the machinery. But things are happening for Bear and Co., never fear.

Princess M.