Bear on Patrol Fozzie

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YAAAAAYY!!!

Thanks, Ken!!! :smile:

FOZ

http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/index.html#

"FRIDAY - 2/07/03
You may have heard some "rumblings" about a possible new retailer on board for the Muppet line. You may have also heard that the retailer may be taking a choice exclusive of some of the main characters, like Koozebane Kermit from Series 4. NONE of that is confirmed yet. Just need to be clear. It's an in progress thing that we are working on, and we will give you all the details as we know them.

With that in mind, take a look at the attached Sneek Peek image of the upcoming Patrol Bear Fozzie action figure. This may be a Series 5 exclusive to a major retailer. It may not. At this point we don't know yet. What we do know is that the sculpt is in development in China and the figure will be released...we just don't have enough info to say exactly when yet. Could be with Series 5, could be in Series 7. There really just isn't enough data to give anybody a hard answer on this.

The figure itself will have about 12 points of articulation and all that belt gear that you see will be removable. The handcuffs will work like regular handcuffs and come out of the pouch, the walkie talkie will come out of the pouch and so on and so on. Odds are he will not come with the Octopus pack-in that has been rumored.

Enjoy the pic...and check back next week for some really choice Toy Fair 2003 Sneek Peeks!

Later,
Ken Lilly
Product Development "

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the news Kevin. I'm sure you've been waiting for this figure in particular. :smile:

What do you think of the Vacation Fozzie by the way?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ok that's very cool and it looks like Fozzie will have some cool articulation points but Ken, can you PLEASE have them move his eyes just a little closer? It's so so close to perfection. Just move them a tiny bit closer too each other. Also, if there will only be two playsets between series 7 and 11 could we please have the muppet theater and back stage sets as a priority over BOP or VH? I know people will hate me for this but I really think theater back stage sets would sell better than BOP or VH.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
cool, great find kevin! and if anyone should have found this, it should be you!;-) it looks like tey retooled him because there was a painted proto figure made a while ago.

I hope it's not an exclusive, i think BOP would be a fun playset, if it does come out Fozzie would work better with the playset then Link, and make link a carded figure. Oh i was really hoping for an Octopus.

Luke

Reaction score
I really love him - it's a great sculpt and all those bits like the handcuffs and walkie talkie coming out of the pouches is very cool. I think he has appeal as a figure even if you aren't a big fan of the Muppets, lots to interact with. I also hope it won't be an exclusive - i think it's too good a figure to limit it's distribution to just a magazine or one retailer. There is so much about this figure that warrants a place in the regular line, and 7 would be a great place so you can do a Tux Fozzie as the exclusive then.

Agreed if they are doing a BOP Playset it would be most appropriate to have Fozzie as the figure rather than Link. I kinda hope they don't do that playset though but i still wanted to see the BOP Fozzie as a regular carded figure. I think with just two playsets to choose i'd prefer Vets Hospital and either the Theatre or Backstage.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I really like the idea of having BOP Fozzie as a regular line figure and then haveing Tux Fozzie as an exclusive. It's the perfect way to get both into the line.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
i know ken said that to chose two playset in the ask ken thread, but will there be no playsets in 2005?

we know the kitchen and PIS is coming out in 3003, but i thought two plasets could come out in 2004 and two in 2005?

wasn't the idea for BOP fozzie held back to make it into the reg line, i thought otherwise he would have been the " vacation fozzie" exclusive.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL!! look what i wrote!

we know the kitchen and PIS is coming out in 3003, but i thought two plasets could come out in 2004 and two in 2005?
3003! it's too funny, i'm not editting it!

WiGgY

Reaction score
I was wondering that same thing. And also wasn't it said that seires that have no playset will have a 5th carded figure? Also if we can get 4 playsets in 2004 and 2005 then I say do a BOP set maybe a VH set (only done muppetty instead of staying true to the set) and then do the back stage and theater sets in 2005. I think that would complete the major parts of the muppet show. And of course we really need a complete main cast of MTI. This means we need MTI Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzie, Bunsen and Beaker. That doesn't even include poly, clueless or monty! I think with Sam Arrow it is imperative to have all the MTI figures now. It's like the Tux thing. Put Kermit and Rowlf in a tux gotta put them all in one. There just ain't enough room! :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
"Enjoy the pic...and check back next week for some really choice Toy Fair 2003 Sneek Peeks!"-Ken...

heh, those words are like a symphony to my ear!