Bear Town

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

For most of the summer I've been slowly putting together a Web comic that mixes puppetry/animation/computer graphics called Bear Town. Basically it's a collage of computer-rendered art, photos of puppets and digitized video of puppet performance. I'm planning to launch the web comic September 1st and I've been experimenting with different styles of art that I could use. Right now I am stuck between a sort "painterly" look and a more rendered polished CG look.

I've posted a preview of two chapters of the web comic, each done in one of those different styles. If you can, take a quick look at bear-town.com and vote in the web poll I put up tonight. You can also post comments in the Bear Town Forum where I've opened a discussion thread.

Thanks for your help! I'm looking forward to getting a little feedback.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Oh boy...

Um, I know this is a stressful week for you, so I'm hoping the "851 days" counter on the cover page of your site is just a sarcasting venting of your frustration. Is that true?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I hope not...I mean I'd like some extra time but two and a half years is rediculous!

I think the problem might be the date/time settings on the computer you're using. The countdown is calculated by a javascript that relies on the time/date on your computer to generate the countdown. When I checked it said 10 days, but I could vary it by changing the date on my computer. Plan is to post the first webisode May 4th.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Ahh... that makes sense, especially now that I notice that the time said 6:30 AM when it was in fact 3 in the afternoon. I came home from school for the weekend and our family computer here is screwed up a bit. Sorry for the mistake, but thanks for the info!

Beebers

Reaction score
Buck, I'm trying to look and vote but it keeps saying it's either broken or down or being worked on. I'll keep trying. The painterly look of things sounds nice, can't wait to see both.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Both the URLs at the top of this thread are no longer active. The "main.htm" URL is now http://www.bear-town.com/index.php

This is an old thread. I was toying with doing Bear Town as a web comic but decided to go with video after realizing that it was going to be as much work either way.

The site is online at http://www.bear-town.com (just checked two minutes ago).

Sorry for the confusion! :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Oh jeez. I should really learn to look at thread dates. I've seen your regular/current site many times. Oy vey. *smacks forehead*

:embarrassed: :rolleyes: :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what's all going on up there!