Beat Street

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Yesterday I started a new website on blogger talking about Beat Street.. You guys know the educational show I came up with. I posted pics of the 3 puppets that are going to be on there.. only one of them on there now is going to be a monster. The human character on the pilot for Beat Street, will probrably be my older sister. Here's the link for the site.. http://beatstreet101.blogspot.com/ . Please tell me what you guys think of the summary and puppets. Thanks.

P.S.- In the 1st(I think) pic of the monster you'll see me behind it, in that pic my mouth is open.. don't ask.:smile: And in the corner of the monster's 2nd pic, you'll see part of my sleeve.

Toasty

Reaction score
Congrats on your ambition and good luck as you move forward with this educational project.

Just one bit of advice before you get too deep into production with your characters: Be sure you have the proper rights to actually USE those puppets in productions, especially if you'll be doing any sort of videos to post online.

The reason I bring this up is I noticed that one of your puppets is a Steve Axtell design. Check his website. He allows his puppets to be used in certain types of performances, but not others. And he usually requires some type of credit (ex "puppets by Axtell") on any type of publication featuring his creations (technically, that would include even a still photo on a blog). He also has options to purchase the rights to his puppets, but that is a very costly venture if you're just beginning.

Again, good luck with everything.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Congrats on your ambition and good luck as you move forward with this educational project.

Just one bit of advice before you get too deep into production with your characters: Be sure you have the proper rights to actually USE those puppets in productions, especially if you'll be doing any sort of videos to post online.

The reason I bring this up is I noticed that one of your puppets is a Steve Axtell design. Check his website. He allows his puppets to be used in certain types of performances, but not others. And he usually requires some type of credit (ex "puppets by Axtell") on any type of publication featuring his creations (technically, that would include even a still photo on a blog). He also has options to purchase the rights to his puppets, but that is a very costly venture if you're just beginning.

Again, good luck with everything.
Thanks Toasty.. First of all I already knew I Steve Axtell designed that bird character, and yes I'll give credit to him when I'm doing this. I probrably won't be posting Beat Street on youtube, not bc of copyrights.. just bc I want to have the film in my portfolio. Before I ever show it to the public I'll get Steve's permission, o.k. But thanks again.