Beat the Time with Daphne Blake

mikealan

Reaction score
Posted for your request, here is my new Beat the Time fan-fic with another non-Sesame, non-Muppet and non-Henson character plus the intro to this fan-fic sketch. Imagine this takes place during Sesame Street's 36th, 37th or 38th season.

(The scene starts off at Big Bird's nest area.)

BIG BIRD: Hi! Right now, you're about to see one of Guy Smiley's classic game-shows, "Beat the Time!" Do you remember "Beat the Time?" Well, it's where contestants must bring in a number of things before they---

(as Big Bird speaks, Elmo rushes into the nest area.)

ELMO: Big Bird, Elmo hears that "Beat the Time" has been cancelled because Guy Smiley's contestants kept stealing things from other people to win prizes.

(Prairie Dawn enters the nest area.)

PRAIRIE DAWN: That's true, Elmo. He'd better come up with new ideas for a new game show besides stealing things. (To Guy Smiley off-screen) Right, Guy?

(Guy Smiley enters the nest area.)

GUY SMILEY: You know, that's not true! I never attempt to let my contestants steal things to win prizes! I just want them to bring them into my studio before they can....uh-oh....

(An angry mob of Anything Muppets from the real BTT skits and our fan-fics enter the nest area, giving out an angry stare right at Guy for a short pause.)

ANGRY PUMPKIN LIVE-HANDS ANYTHING MUPPET: GET HIM!

GUY SMILEY: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! (runs off to the studio as the angry mob chases him after.)

BIG BIRD: Well, let's fade in to the show, and hope it goes good.

(fades to the game-show set, similar to the one with Grover as time-ticking music from BTT with Grover plays.)

ANNOUNCER: And now, time for a long-waiting episode of everybody's favorite stunt-show, "BEAT THE TIME!" (white "BEAT THE TIME" logo appears on the screen before it vanishes away)

(cuts to the 299-member studio audience from Guy Smiley Takes His Audience For His Vacation fan-fic cheering; scene cuts back to the set.)

(drum roll)

ANNOUNCER: And here is your TV host, Guy Smiley!

(audience cheers and game-show music from BTT with Grover plays while Guy Smiley enters the studio.)

GUY SMILEY: Hi there, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to "Beat the Time!", our longest running show ever! (game-show music fades away) It's back on the air! And now let's get to meet our contestant, Ms. Daphne Blake!

(Audience cheers and Daphne Blake (in animated form), from Scooby-Doo, enters the studio.)

DAPHNE BLAKE: Hey, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Hiya, Daphne! Are you ready to play our game?

DAPHNE BLAKE: I sure am, Guy! (to the camera) Hi Scooby! Hi Shaggy! Hi Fred! Hi Velma!

GUY SMILEY: OK, Daphne. Here's what you have to do.

DAPHNE BLAKE: I'm listening.

GUY SMILEY: In order to win the game, you must bring in five things that are striped!

(Audience oohs and aahs)

DAPHNE BLAKE: Five things that are striped? Groovy!

GUY SMILEY: Yes, but you must do it for one minute before the buzzer! So are you ready?

DAPHNE BLAKE: Yes I am!

(drum roll)

GUY SMILEY: OK! 3, 2, 1, GO! GO!

(Daphne Blake runs off; time-ticking music from BTT with Grover plays.)

GUY SMILEY: Will she do it? Daphne Blake's only got 58 seconds left to find five things that are striped!

(Daphne Blake re-enters the studio, carrying a striped flag.)

DAPHNE BLAKE: I found one, Guy! A flag has stripes on it!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful, Daphne! That's one thing that is striped! Now go find four more!

DAPHNE BLAKE: OK, Guy. (leaves the studio)

GUY SMILEY: Now, Daphne's got...(stares at the clock for a bit) 43 seconds left to find four more things that are striped! Can she do it?

(Daphne Blake re-enters the studio, carrying a striped ball.)

DAPHNE BLAKE: I found another one! A ball has stripes on it!

GUY SMILEY: YES! A ball and a flag both have stripes! Now go find three more things that are striped!

DAPHNE BLAKE: Gee, it must've been harder than I thought. (leaves the studio again)

GUY SMILEY: She's only got...(stares at the clock again) 31 seconds left to find three more things that are striped, ladies and gentlemen! If she does, she will win a fantastic prize. And by the way, here she comes now.

(Daphne Blake re-enters the studio, carrying a striped T-shirt.)

DAPHNE BLAKE: Here's an item that has stripes on it! A T-shirt!

GUY SMILEY: Terrific! That's three things that are striped!

DAPHNE BLAKE: How much time do I have, Guy?

GUY SMILEY: You only have 17 seconds left, Daphne! NOW KEEP GOING!

DAPHNE BLAKE: AAAAH! Jeepers! I'd better hurry! (leaves the studio again.)

GUY SMILEY: (to Daphne Blake, off-screen) Yes you should! (to the viewer) Now she's only got 15 seconds to find two more things that are...

(as Guy speaks, Daphne Blake re-enters the studio with nothing in her hands.)

DAPHNE BLAKE: Guy! I can't find two more things that are striped!

GUY SMILEY: Well, hurry up, Daphne! NOW YOU ONLY HAVE 12 SECONDS LEFT!

(Daphne screams and runs out the studio.)

GUY SMILEY: She's got 10 seconds left to find two more things that are striped! (counting down with the audience) 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3...

(as Guy reaches '5', Daphne Blake re-enters the studio, bringing in two Muppet zebras.)

DAPHNE BLAKE: Hey, Guy! Look what I found! Two zebras!

(buzzer)

(game-show music from BTT with Grover plays again)

GUY SMILEY: WONDERFUL, DAPHNE! Two zebras equals five things that are striped! That means you won the game!

DAPHNE BLAKE: Hooray! I did it! I gotta tell the gang about this.

GUY SMILEY: And Daphne, you win two zebras you just brought in! Congratulations!

ANNOUNCER: This show has been rated five stars and became one of the most successful shows on television! Tune in tomorrow for another exciting new episode of "BEAT THE TIME!"

(this game then ends with chaos as the "BEAT THE TIME" logo shows up on the screen)

CBPuppets

Reaction score
to be honest I never expected to see one with no one coming up stage to complain about any thefts but it was good. can you please do a Beat the time Fic with Ash Ketchum?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about doing another "Name that Sound" episode with contestant Beaker? The four sounds Beaker is supposed to remember will include a telephone, a vacuum cleaner, a jackhammer, and an elephant.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Or, how about doing another "Beat the Time" episode with contestant Luigi (of Mario fame)? The four green animals Luigi should bring in include a Muppet frog (not Kermit or Robin), a Muppet turtle, a Muppet iguana, and a Muppet alligator. It should be very similar to the one with Grover. And plus it will feature the title card and game show music from "Beat the Time with Elmo".

wiley207

Reaction score
Funny seeing Daphne Blake in a Sesame Street fanfic here! Speaking of Scooby-Doo, I am writing fanfics that are classic "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" episodes with the Muppet Babies tagging along with the Scooby gang! And if that goes well, the adult Muppets will team up for "The New Scooby Movies."