Beat the Time with Herry Monster

mikealan

Reaction score
(The scene is the game-show set that is similar to the one in "The Addition Game" but has a large wall clock on the curtains.)
Announcer: And now it's time for everybody's favorite stunt show in America, Beat...the...Time!! (Beat the Time logo appears on the screen) And here is everybody's favorite stunt-show host of "Beat the Time", Guy Smiley!!
(Guy Smiley enters the studio.)
Guy Smiley: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Welcome to Beat the Time, the ever popular game that was played over 120 countries! I am everybody's favorite stunt-show host, Guy Smiley. And now, here is today's contestant, Mr. Herry Monster from Sesame Street!
(Herry Monster enters the studio.)
Guy Smiley: Hi Herry and welcome to the show.
Herry Monster: Hiya, Guy.
Guy Smiley: You ready for the incredible stunt?
Herry Monster: Of course. Now what is it?
Guy Smiley: OK, all you have to do is to find five things that are naturally orange.
Herry Monster: Five things that are naturally orange?
Guy Smiley: You've got it, but if you do, you will win a fabulous trip, (audience goes "oooh") yes a trip to have a vacation at the Trump Plaza Hotel at Atlantic City, New Jersey!
Herry Monster: (to camera) You hear that, Mommy? I'm going to Atlantic City to have myself a vacation!
Guy Smiley: But if you find less than five things that are naturally orange, you won't go there, you understand?
Herry Monster: Yes I do, Guy.
Guy Smiley: All right, now that you're ready to play the game, you've only got 60 seconds on the clock before it reaches zero. So are you really ready?
Herry Monster: Yes I am, Guy!
(drum roll)
Guy Smiley: OK...3...2....1....GO!!!
(clock now tick-tocks)
Herry Monster: Do I have to leave the studio to find five things that are orange?
Guy Smiley: Yes you have to!! So go out right now!!
(Herry runs out of the studio in a rush.)
Guy Smiley: Will he do it? Herry Monster from Sesame Street has 53 seconds to find five things that are naturally orange.
(Herry enters the studio, carrying an orange.)
Herry Monster: I've got something!
Guy Smiley: What is it?
Herry Monster: It's an ORANGE!
Guy Smiley: Wonderful, Herry! That's one of the five things that are naturally orange! Now you've got 49 seconds to find four more.
(Herry leaves the studio again. A grocer AM (Green) enters the studio.)
AM Grocer: Hey, hey, hey! That big blue monster in white-and-pink striped pants has stole that orange and he didn't pay for it!
Guy Smiley: Well, he doesn't have to buy it because he's playing the game and this is a television show.
AM Grocer: HEY! Are you everybody's favorite game-show host, Guy Smiley?
Guy Smiley: Yes I am!
AM Grocer: Can I have your autograph?
Guy Smiley: No you can't because Herry Monster has currently got 38 seconds to find four more things that are naturally orange, so get off the stage!
(AM Grocer leaves the studio. Herry enters again, carrying a pumpkin.)
Herry Monster: I've found something else!
Guy Smiley: What is it?
Herry Monster: It's a PUMPKIN!
Guy Smiley: Fantastic! That's two of the five things that are naturally orange! Now you've got 34 seconds left to find three more!
(Herry leaves the studio again. Two Hot-Pink AM kids, one boy and one girl enter the studio.)
AM Boy: Hey, that scary monster stole our pumpkin!
AM Girl: We need it to decorate it for our Halloween party!
Guy Smiley: Well, it's almost Halloween, but you kids can keep working on it but you two have to get out of here because we're playing the game!! Get out! Get out! (two kids run out of the studio while holding a pumpkin together.) Can Herry do it? He's got 28 seconds to find three more things that are naturally orange!
(Herry enters the studio again, carrying a carrot.)
Herry Monster: I've found something else again! It's a CARROT!
Guy Smiley: Wonderful! That's three of the five things that are naturally orange!
Herry Monster: Yeah and I've gotta find two more things!
Guy Smiley: Yes you have to and you've now got 22 seconds to find two more things that are naturally orange.
(Herry leaves the studio again. Benny Rabbit enters again.)
Benny Rabbit: HEY!!! That blue monster stole my carrot!
Guy Smiley: Well, here you go, little bunny! Here's your carrot!
Benny Rabbit: That's BENNY!!!
Guy Smiley: Sorry but you have to exit the studio immediately because Herry Monster has gotta find two more things that are naturally orange and he has 16 seconds to find them! SO GO!!!
(Benny leaves the studio real quick by hopping. Herry enters carrying a basketball.)
Herry Monster: Guy, I've got something else that's orange but has black stripes, a BASKETBALL!
Guy Smiley: Wonderful! That's four of the five things that are naturally orange!
Herry Monster: Yeah, but I've gotta find one more thing real quick!
(Herry runs out of the studio again, but this time he runs quickly. A Lavender AM boy enters.)
Lavender AM Boy: Hey, that furry man stole my basketball! I need to play basketball with it! (then notices that he sees Guy Smiley) Hey, are you Guy Smiley?
Guy Smiley: Yes I am, but you gotta get out of the studio right now because Herry has 11 more seconds to find one more thing that is naturally orange! EXIT IMMEDIATELY OR THE GUARDS WILL KICK YOU OUT!
(Lavender AM runs away from Guy in horror. Herry enters the studio again.)
Herry Monster: Guy, I can't find one more thing that is naturally orange!
Guy Smiley: Well, you GOTTA do it!! You've got 6 seconds to find it!
Herry Monster: But Guy it's hard!
Guy Smiley: Well, you must find it or you won't win a fabulous trip!
Herry Monster: (suddenly realizes what he knows that's orange) Wait! I know what's orange!!
Guy Smiley: Yeah?
(Herry pulls a Pumpkin-type AM man out of the studio audience as the clock strikes zero.)
Pumpkin-type AM Man: Hey get off of me, you hairy thing!
Herry Monster: See this man? All tall people I see here are orange so I found out that the CTW Guide book has all Pumpkin-type people, which they're all orange!
Guy Smiley: I understand what you're saying...(long pause) and you won!!! Although, my type of my body is Orange Gold and my skin is yellow, though.
Herry Monster: Yeah, and my fur is blue, too!
Guy Smiley: I see.
Pumpkin-type AM Man: Please get off of me! I'm trying to watch this show!
Herry Monster: OK! (accidently slams him down the ground real hard)
Pumpkin-type AM Man: Ouch!! You hurt me so hard that I'll have to stay in the hospital!
Herry Monster: Oh, sorry about that!
Guy Smiley: (to the viewer) Well, join us next time and we'll see you once again for another "Beat the Time!"
(Beat the Time logo appears on the screen again. Pumpkin-type AM man starts chasing Herry inside the studio.)