Beat the Time with Little Girl Sue

mikealan

Reaction score
("BEAT THE TIME" logo appears on the red background)

(drum roll)

ANNOUNCER: And now it's time for our number one hit stunt show, "Beat...the...Time!"

(audience cheers; scene fades to the game-show set, similar to the one from BTT with the Count as game-show music from "Mystery Guest" plays.)

ANNOUNCER: And here's the star of our show, Guy Smiley!

(audience cheers loudly as Guy Smiley enters through the golden and glittering curtains with a brief struggle and a big grunt.)

GUY SMILEY: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Hi there, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another exciting game of "Beat the Time", where the fun never ends! (game-show music fades away) I am your host, Guy Smiley, and something special is going on for this show. If a contestant gets to complete today's wacky stunt, he or she will win whatever they want!

(audience oohs and aahs)

GUY SMILEY: Yes! So to get things started, here is our newest contestant, all the way from Fairfield, New Jersey, Ms. Little Girl Sue!

(audience cheers as Little Girl Sue from her appearances at The Ed Sullivan Show enters the studio.)

LITTLE GIRL SUE (as played by Fran Brill): Thank you! Thank you! I am pleased to be here on this show, Mr. Smiley.

GUY SMILEY: All right, Little Girl Sue, are you ready for today's stunt?

LITTLE GIRL SUE: I sure am, Guy.

GUY SMILEY: OK, but if you can complete today's stunt on time, you will get to win anything you want!

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Gee, that sure looks fun!

GUY SMILEY: Yes, but here's what you have to do for our game. All you have to do is to find eight things that are covered with fur!

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Eight things that are covered with fur.

GUY SMILEY: And you must find them for 35 seconds before the clock reaches the buzzer, so are you ready Little Girl Sue?

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Yes I am, Guy!

(drum roll)

GUY SMILEY: All right! Ready? 3...2...1...GO! GO!

(Little Girl Sue runs off)

GUY SMILEY: (to the audience) As you all know, audience, Little Girl Sue's got 35 seconds to find eight things, that's right, eight things that are covered with fur!

(Little Girl Sue re-enters the studio, carrying a fur coat)

GUY SMILEY: What's that you're holding?

LITTLE GIRL SUE: A fur coat!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful, Little Girl Sue! That's one thing that is covered with fur! Now you got 31 seconds left to find seven more things!

LITTLE GIRL SUE: OK, Guy.

(as Little Girl Sue leaves the studio, a Pumpkin Anything Muppet lady from "Lady Mistakens Cookie Monster as Blue Coat" sketch enters, angrily)

PUMPKIN AM LADY (Erin Ozker): Hey, that girl just took my fur coat! I need that to help me stay warm!

GUY SMILEY: Well listen, lady, you'd better get off the stage because we're doing a television show right now. So please exit immediately!

PUMPKIN AM LADY: My pleasure! HMPH! (leaves angrily)

GUY SMILEY: Now Little Girl Sue's got 24 seconds left to find seven more things that are covered with fur! Can she do it?

(Little Girl Sue re-enters the studio, bringing in a Muppet dog)

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Dog!

GUY SMILEY: Good job, Little Girl Sue, but you must find six more before the clock reaches the buzzer! GO! GO! GO!

(As Little Girl Sue runs off again, a dog begins to bark at him)

GUY SMILEY: Hey you must get off the stage! There's no time for barking right now! Little Girl Sue's got 20 seconds left to find six more things that are covered with fur!

(Although the dog didn't leave the studio yet, Little Girl Sue re-enters bringing in two Muppet cats)

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Cats!

GUY SMILEY: Yes, a cat is covered with fur! Now go, go, go! You've got 18 seconds left to find five more things!

(As Little Girl Sue runs off again, two cats begin to chase a dog out the studio!)

GUY SMILEY: Wow! That was close. They must have been off the stage recently! (to the audience) Now Little Girl Sue's got 13 seconds left to find five more things that are covered with fur. Can she do that on time?

(Little Girl Sue re-enters the studio, bringing in four monsters from the "Dialing For Prizes Movie" sketch (Herry, Frazzle, green with a beak and lavender without a nose))

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Monsters!

(The monsters then walk out the studio)

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful, that's four things that are covered with fur.

(clock buzzer)

GUY SMILEY: Oh I'm sorry but your time is up. Too bad, Little Girl Sue, you don't get to win anything you...

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Wait a minute, Mr. Smiley! You don't understand. You see, I brought in one fur coat, one dog, two cats and four monsters, so 1+1+2+4 equals eight things that are covered with fur.

(winning alarm is heard)

GUY SMILEY: Oh, yes! You're absolutely right! They all equal eight things that are covered with fur! This means you won our game, Little Girl Sue!

(audience cheers)

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Hurray! I did it! I win the game!

GUY SMILEY: Now that you win our game, you get to win whatever you want. (audience oohs and aahs) Yes! Now what would you like to win? A new bicycle? A trip to Miami Beach, Florida? (audience oohs and aahs again) Or even a new flatscreen TV?

LITTLE GIRL SUE: I...I...I...(long pause) I want a double-decker chocolate cake!

GUY SMILEY: You got it! (audience cheers) Your prize is right there!

(Curtains reveal Beautiful Day Monster, ready to eat a double-decker chocolate cake)

BEAUTIFUL DAY MONSTER (Frank Oz): This cake is so good! I'm ready to dine in!

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Oh, no!

GUY SMILEY: (stunned) Who's that?

LITTLE GIRL SUE: He's Beautiful Day! (To Beautiful Day Monster) What are you doing in here?

BEAUTIFUL DAY MONSTER: Eating a double-decker chocolate cake!

LITTLE GIRL SUE: Hey, no fair! That's my prize! Give it back!

(Game-show music from "Mystery Guest" plays again as Little Girl Sue chases Beautiful Day Monster, so is the dog chasing two cats back. The four monsters re-enter the scene and start acting crazy.)

GUY SMILEY: Well that's all the time we have for today. So this is Guy Smiley saying so long and we'll see you next time on "Beat the Time!" (notices that the chase is going on between a dog and two cats and that four monsters are on stage) Hey you monsters, cats and one dog! You all gotta get off the stage! Get off! Get off!

(scene ends in chaos)

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
That's the same script I did for Beat the Time with Baby Bear.