Beat the Time with Scooter!

mikealan

Reaction score
Here is my first Beat the Time fan-fic that features a Muppet Show character as a guest contestant and many non-SS characters (mostly animated characters).

(The scene is the game-show studio as time-clocking music from the original Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays.)

ANNOUNCER: And now ladies and gentlemen, it's time once again for everybody's favorite stunt-show, "Beat...the...Time!" (cuckoo noise. Beat the Time logo that has a clock for it appears on the screen.)

(drum rolls as the title fades away)

ANNOUNCER: And here is the host of our show, the man you "Beat the Time" fans have been waiting for, Guy Smiley!

(Game-show music plays and the audience cheers as Guy Smiley walks through the curtains with a brief struggle.)

GUY SMILEY: (very enthusiastic) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Yes, thank you! This is Guy Smiley, America's favorite game-show host and welcome to Beat the Time Episode 16, 402! (game-show music fades away) You know about this show, audience. It's the show that ran on the air for over forty-five years and was shown all over the world in different foreign languages. And it's where contestants do their wacky stunts. (audience oohs and ahhs) Yes! So now, here is today's contestant, a go-fer who works at the Muppet Theater for "The Muppet Show", Scooter!

(Audience cheers. Scooter enters the studio, feeling amazed.)

SCOOTER: Wow! I've never been playing this game on television before. (walks over to Guy) Hi Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Hiya, Scooter. Are you ready for this wacky stunt?

SCOOTER: I'm not so sure yet, Guy. Does it have to do with some fun stuff I always like to do at the theater like to go-fer coffee and sandwiches and telling the stars to get ready?

GUY SMILEY: No, it's not like that. All you have to do is to find six dogs you see on television!

SCOOTER: I have to what?

GUY SMILEY: That's right! You must find six dogs you see on television and I know you can do this on time before the clock reaches zero, you got that?

SCOOTER: Well, OK Guy.

GUY SMILEY: Good. You've only got 60 seconds on the clock before the buzzer goes off, so (drum roll) on your mark...get set...GO!

(Clock starts ticking just like it did on the original Beat the Time with Cookie Monster)

SCOOTER: Wait, do I have to start now?

GUY SMILEY: YES YOU DO! (as Scooter runs out the studio) GO, GO, GO! Will he do it? Scooter the Go-fer has 55 seconds left to find six dogs. That's right, the six dogs that you see on television!

(Scooter re-enters the studio, carrying Snoopy from the Peanuts comic strip and animated Charlie Brown TV shows!)

SCOOTER: I found Snoopy, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful! Snoopy is a famous dog that appears on the Peanuts comic strips! (as Scooter runs out the studio again) Now you got 49 seconds to find five more!

(Charlie Brown, from the Charlie Brown TV shows enters!)

CHARLIE BROWN: Hey, hey! Some yellow kid wearing glasses and a green jacket just took my dog, Snoopy! I need him to take care of him!

GUY SMILEY: Listen kid, just take him home. We're doing a television show right now.

CHARLIE BROWN: Hey, are you Guy Smiley?

GUY SMILEY: Yes I am!

CHARLIE BROWN: Is this Beat the Time? I've never played here before!

GUY SMILEY: (while pushing Charlie Brown off-stage) Yes it is and you have to get off-stage because Scooter the Go-fer has gotta find five more dogs you see on television!

(Scooter re-enters the studio again, carrying Goddard from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius!)

SCOOTER: I found Goddard, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful, Scooter! That's two dogs you see on television! Now you've got 40 seconds to find four more!

(as Scooter runs out the studio again, Jimmy Neutron enters the studio!)

JIMMY NEUTRON: Hey, that weird yellow boy took my poor Goddard! Have you seen him?

GUY SMILEY: Well, I have three things to tell you. ONE, I DON'T KNOW WHO GODDARD IS! TWO, I'VE ONLY SEEN HIM VERY BRIEFLY AFTER SCOOTER THE GO-FER BROUGHT HIM HERE! AND THREE, HE'S YOURS AND YOU MUST GET OFF THE STAGE!

JIMMY NEUTRON: Do I have to? (Notices Goddard is here) There you are, boy!

GUY SMILEY: (while pushing Jimmy and Goddard off the stage) You really must get off right now because Scooter the Go-fer has 33 seconds left to find four more dogs you see on television!

(Scooter re-enters the studio again, bringing Scooby-Doo, from Scooby-Doo!)

SCOOTER: I found Scooby-Doo, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Great job, Scooter! That's three dogs you see on television and Scooby-Doo here is definately famous!

SCOOTER: He sure is! (runs out the studio again)

GUY SMILEY: Now, he has 29 seconds to find three more dogs you see on television.

(Shaggy, from Scooby-Doo enters!)

SHAGGY: Hey, that weird yellow boy just took my old pal, Scooby! Have you seen him?

GUY SMILEY: He's right here.

SHAGGY: Hey, are you Guy Smiley?

GUY SMILEY: Yes I am!

SHAGGY: Can me and Scoob be on your next week's show?

GUY SMILEY: No you and your dog can't be on the show for next week (while pushing them off-stage, Scooby and Shaggy scream and run out the studio) and Scooter the Go-fer has gotta find three more dogs you see on television!

(Scooter re-enters the studio again, bringing Rowlf from The Muppet Show into the studio!)

SCOOTER: I found Rowlf, Guy! He's a dog on The Muppet Show, the show I worked for at the theater!

GUY SMILEY: Terrific, Scooter! That's four dogs you see on television! Now you've got 22 seconds left to find two more!

(Scooter runs out the studio again)

ROWLF: Hey, where am I?

GUY SMILEY: You're on Beat the Time so get moving!

ROWLF: But Scooter just took me into the studio!

GUY SMILEY: Well, you must get off the stage because we're playing a game! Get out! Get out!

(As Guy Smiley pushes Rowlf off the stage, Scooter re-enters the studio again)

SCOOTER: Guy, I can't find two more!

GUY SMILEY: Well, you gotta find two more! You've got 19 seconds left!

SCOOTER: 19 seconds? Oh, well. I must give up and get back to work.

GUY SMILEY: YOU CAN'T GIVE UP AND GET BACK TO WORK YET! YOU'VE GOT 17 SECONDS LEFT BEFORE THE BUZZER!

SCOOTER: But Guy-(ding) Wait a minute! I know! (runs off the stage)

GUY SMILEY: Yeah? (looking at the clock very briefly) Looks like he's got 15 seconds left to find two more dogs you see on television. Count down with me, audience. (as he and the audience begin to count down) 15...14...13...12...11...10...9...8...(rumbling sounds are heard) Wait a minute? What are these sounds? They can't be....They must be--!

(Scooter re-enters the studio again while Barkley from Sesame Street and Clifford from Clifford the Big Red Dog crash into the studio, destroying the set and the clock)

GUY SMILEY: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! OH, NO!

SCOOTER: I found Barkley and Clifford the Big Red Dog, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful, Scooter! Barkley is seen on Sesame Street and Clifford the Big Red Dog is seen on TV, too! Although, he had his own big book series but he did reach onto television for his own series on PBS Kids! So that means you win the game, Scooter!

SCOOTER: I DID?

GUY SMILEY: Yes you did! So that means you win our fantastic prize!

SCOOTER: A prize? Wow! What is it?

GUY SMILEY: Well since you found six dogs you see on television on time before the buzzer, you win a free pass to Hershey Park at Hershey, Pennsylvania as your day off from work!

SCOOTER: Oh, boy! A day off from work to have fun at Hershey Park? Wow! I can't wait to tell Kermit!

GUY SMILEY: Oh, you will as soon as you see him.

(Emily Elizabeth, from Clifford the Big Red Dog book series and TV series enters the studio, angrily)

EMILY ELIZABETH: Hey, some weird person took my big dog, Clifford! I need him to take good care of him!

GUY SMILEY: Well which weird person and have you seen him recently?

EMILY ELIZABETH: Well, Clifford is right here (pointing at Clifford) and some weird person who took him here is right here! (pointing at Scooter)

(Charlie Brown, Jimmy Neutron and Shaggy re-enter the studio.)

JIMMY NEUTRON: There he is! There's that yellow kid who took our dogs! Let's get him!

(Game-show music plays again. Charlie Brown, Jimmy Neutron, Shaggy and Emily Elizabeth begin to chase Scooter.)

GUY SMILEY: Well, join us for next week's game-show, audience! This is Guy Smiley saying so long for another fun-filled game of Beat the...(notices that Charlie Brown, Jimmy Neutron, Shaggy, Emily Elizabeth and Scooter are going to run on him) Hey, watch out for the...(Charlie Brown, Jimmy Neutron, Shaggy and Emily Elizabeth keep chasing Scooter right on top of him) OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW! (as slowly picking himself up) Time...(slowly faints)

End of sketch

CBPuppets

Reaction score
So much funnies in one fan Fic. How much better can it get.