Beat the Time with Zac Efron

mikealan

Reaction score
Although I couldn't think of anything for The Swedish Chef and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker on Beat the Time, but here's the one with the first celebrity ever! I hope you'll enjoy it!

(The scene takes place at the game-show set, which is similar to the one with Beat the Time with Grover as time-ticking music plays.)

ANNOUNCER: It's time once again for our special edition of everybody's favorite TV stunt show, "BEAT...THE...TIME!"

(Audience cheers as the white "BEAT THE TIME" logo flashes on the screen.)

(Drum roll as the "BEAT THE TIME" logo fades away)

ANNOUNCER: And here's the star of our show, Guy Smiley!

(Audience cheers again and game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays as Guy Smiley enters the studio through the curtains with a brief struggle.)

GUY SMILEY: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is Guy Smiley, everybody's favorite game-show host, welcoming you to another edition of "Beat the Time!" (game-show music fades away) And we've got something very special going on for this show, audience. If a contestant wins our game, he or she will win one of the number of things they find AND a really fantastic trip!

(Audience oohs and aahs)

GUY SMILEY: Yes! So now let's meet our first contestant, the guy who played Troy Bolton on Walt Disney's High School Musical, Mr. Zac Efron from San Luis Obispo, California!

(Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays again and the audience roars as Zac Efron enters the studio.)

ZAC EFRON: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (game-show music fades away again) Hey Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Hello there, Zac! And are you ready to play our game?

ZAC EFRON: I'm ready, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: OK and we've got something special going on for you. If you win our game, you will win one of the number of things you find for our game and a trip to Miami Beach with your friends from High School Musical!

(Audience oohs and aahs again)

ZAC EFRON: A trip to Miami Beach with my friends? Awesome! It's like a dream come true.

GUY SMILEY: All right, Zac. Here's what you have to do. In order to win our game, you must find five different drinks people like to drink!

ZAC EFRON: Five different drinks people like to drink.

GUY SMILEY: You got it! But you must do it for under 55 seconds on the clock before it reaches zero!

(Drum roll)

GUY SMILEY: So are you all set, Zac?

ZAC EFRON: I sure am, Guy.

GUY SMILEY: OK! 3...2...1....GO!

(Zac Efron runs off.)

GUY SMILEY: Will he do it? Zac Efron's got 53 seconds left to find five different drinks people like to drink!

(Zac re-enters the studio, carrying a glass of water.)

ZAC EFRON: Water!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful! Water is the most important beverage to drink and is one of the five things people like to drink. Now go find four more drinks, Zac!

(As Zac leaves, a Green Anything Muppet boy enters the studio.)

GREEN ANYTHING MUPPET BOY: Hey, that real guy took my glass of water! Boy am I thirsty! (to Guy Smiley on stage) Wow! You're America's favorite game-show host, Guy Smiley! Can I have your autograph? (to camera) Hi Mom!

GUY SMILEY: There is no time for autographs right now and you'd better get off the stage (pushing Green AM boy off-stage) because Zac Efron's got 43 seconds left to find four more drinks people like to drink!

(Zac re-enters the studio, carrying a bucket of milk.)

ZAC EFRON: Milk!

GUY SMILEY: Yes, milk is the second beverage people like to drink and is very good for your bones. (To Zac, who is now leaving the studio) Now go find three more beverages, Zac!

(The green farmer Anything Muppet enters the studio, angrily)

GREEN ANYTHING MUPPET FARMER: That teenager took my bucket of milk from my moo cows without askin' me some permission!

GUY SMILEY: Listen farmer, there is no time for complaining right now because we're playing "Beat the Time!" (pushing the green farmer AM off-stage) And get out of here because Zac Efron's got 36 seconds left to find three more drinks people like to drink!

(As Guy speaks, Zac re-enters the studio, carrying two glasses of juice)

ZAC EFRON: Grape juice and apple juice!

GUY SMILEY: THAT'S GREAT, ZAC! But you must find two more DIFFERENT drinks! GO, GO, GO!

(Zac leaves the studio again.)

GUY SMILEY: (to the audience) He has brought in two different flavors of juice, audience. Grape and apple. But he's got 32 seconds to find two more...

(Two purple Anything Muppet girls rush into the studio, angrily)

FIRST PURPLE GIRL (as portrayed by a Purple Anything Muppet): That boy stole my glass of grape juice!

SECOND PURPLE GIRL (as portrayed by a Reddish-Magenta Anything Muppet): And he stole my glass of apple juice as well! We are so mad right now! Do you know where we can--hey! You're America's favorite game-show host, Guy Smiley! Can we be on your show next week?

GUY SMILEY: (yelling) NO YOU TWO ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ON OUR NEXT WEEK'S SHOW BECAUSE EACH OF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR BACKSTAGE PASSES AND ZAC EFRON'S TRYING TO FIND TWO MORE DIFFERENT DRINKS PEOPLE LIKE TO DRINK! (pushing two purple AM girls offstage) GET OUT OF HERE AND GO LOOK FOR YOUR DRINKS YOURSELVES!

(As Guy yells, Zac Efron re-enters the studio, carrying a glass of ice-cold soda.)

ZAC EFRON: Soda!

GUY SMILEY: Great job, Zac! That's four things people like to drink!

ZAC EFRON: Now I gotta find one more drink, Guy. (leaves the studio)

GUY SMILEY: Four down and one more to go. (to the audience) Zac's got plenty of time left, audience. He's got 24 seconds to find one more drink people like to drink! Can he do it on time?

(An Orange Gold Anything Muppet man enters the studio.)

ORANGE GOLD ANYTHING MUPPET MAN: That young teen just stole my glass of soda! Have you seen him, Mr. Smiley?

GUY SMILEY: He's looking for one more drink people like to drink. (yelling, while pushing an Orange Gold AM man offstage) NOW GET OFF MY STAGE! GET OFF! GET OFF! (to the audience) Zac Efron's got 19 seconds left to find...

(as Guy speaks, Zac re-enters the studio with nothing in his hands.)

ZAC EFRON: Guy, I can't find anything else to drink!

GUY SMILEY: Well, you have to find one more beverage to drink! YOU'VE GOT 16 SECONDS LEFT!

ZAC EFRON: But Guy, I...I...(ding) I got it!

GUY SMILEY: Well hurry up, Zac! You've got 13 seconds left!

(Zac Efron leaves the studio again.)

GUY SMILEY: (to the audience) Count backwards with me, audience.

(cuts to the shot of the clock)

GUY SMILEY: (counting backwards with the audience) 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...

(as Guy reaches '7', rumbling sounds are heard. Scene cuts back to Guy.)

GUY SMILEY: Wait a minute! What's going on here? Oh, no! It's gotta be---! It can't be----!

(Zac crashes through the studio, carrying a LARGE glass of unflavored seltzer water)

GUY SMILEY: (screaming) OH MY GOD!

ZAC EFRON: A large glass of seltzer water from Hooper's!

GUY SMILEY: YES! That equals five drinks and you win a large glass of seltzer water you brought in and a trip to Miami Beach with your friends from High School Musical!

(Audience cheers. Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman enter the studio and cheer along with Zac.)

ZAC EFRON AND FRIENDS: Woo-hoo! We're gonna have a vacation at Miami Beach! Yippee!

(as Zac and his friends cheer, Bert and Ernie enter the studio.)

BERT: Hey! Now I'm thirstier as usual, some teen idol took my dull glass of unflavored soda water, the beverage I really need to drink!

ERNIE: And he stole what I supposed to serve Bert here! How can I make it delicious without your drink?

BERT: I don't know.

(a Green Anything Muppet boy, a green farmer Anything Muppet, two purple Anything Muppet girls and an Orange Gold Anything Muppet man re-enter the studio.)

GREEN ANYTHING MUPPET BOY: (pointing at Zac) There he is! There's that teen idol who took our drinks! Let's get him!

ZAC EFRON: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays again as Ernie and Bert, along with the angry mob start chasing Zac.)

GUY SMILEY: Well that's it for our special edition, audience. And this is Guy Smiley signing off for today's fun-filled game of "Beat the Time!" (walks off, then comes back for a brief moment.) See you next time, folks. I've got another game show to do. (walks off as the "BEAT THE TIME" title flashes on the screen.)

End of sketch.

BEAR

Reaction score
I once worked in a play with Zac Efron. Nice kid and a great actor at 11 years old.

mikealan

Reaction score
Here's the fan-fic again, this time with BETTER grammar.

(The scene takes place at the game-show set, which is similar to the one with Beat the Time with Grover as time-ticking music plays.)

ANNOUNCER: It's time once again for our special edition of everybody's favorite TV stunt show, "BEAT...THE...TIME!"

(Audience cheers as the white "BEAT THE TIME" logo flashes on the screen.)

(Drum roll as the "BEAT THE TIME" logo fades away)

ANNOUNCER: And here's the star of our show, Guy Smiley!

(Audience cheers again and game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays as Guy Smiley enters the studio through the curtains with a brief struggle.)

GUY SMILEY: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is Guy Smiley, everybody's favorite game-show host, welcoming you to another edition of "Beat the Time!" (game-show music fades away) And we've got something very special going on for this show, audience. If our contestant wins the game, he or she will win one of the things they find AND a really fantastic trip!

(Audience oohs and aahs)

GUY SMILEY: Yes! So now let's meet our first contestant, the guy who played Troy Bolton on Walt Disney's High School Musical, Mr. Zac Efron from San Luis Obispo, California!

(Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays again and the audience roars as Zac Efron enters the studio.)

ZAC EFRON: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (game-show music fades away again) Hey Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Hello there, Zac! And are you ready to play our game?

ZAC EFRON: I'm ready, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: OK and we've got something special going on for you. If you win our game, you will win one of the things you find in our game and a trip to Miami Beach with your friends from High School Musical!

(Audience oohs and aahs again)

ZAC EFRON: A trip to Miami Beach with my friends? Awesome! It's like a dream come true.

GUY SMILEY: All right, Zac. Here's what you have to do. In order to win our game, you must find five different beverages people like to drink!

ZAC EFRON: Five different beverages people like to drink.

GUY SMILEY: You got it! But you must do it in under 55 seconds and before the clock reaches zero!

(Drum roll)

GUY SMILEY: So are you all set, Zac?

ZAC EFRON: I sure am, Guy.

GUY SMILEY: OK! 3...2...1....GO!

(Zac Efron runs off.)

GUY SMILEY: Will he do it? Zac Efron's got 53 seconds left to find five different beverages people like to drink!

(Zac re-enters the studio, carrying a glass of water.)

ZAC EFRON: Water!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful! Water is the most important beverage to drink and is one of five things people like to drink. Now go find four more drinks, Zac!

(As Zac leaves, a Green Anything Muppet boy enters the studio.)

GREEN ANYTHING MUPPET BOY: Hey, that real guy took my glass of water! Boy am I thirsty! (to Guy Smiley on stage) Wow! You're America's favorite game-show host, Guy Smiley! Can I have your autograph? (to camera) Hi Mom!

GUY SMILEY: There is no time for autographs right now and you'd better get off the stage (pushing Green AM boy off-stage) because Zac Efron's only got 43 seconds left to find four more beverages people like to drink!

(Zac re-enters the studio, carrying a bucket of milk.)

ZAC EFRON: Milk!

GUY SMILEY: Yes, milk is the second beverage people like to drink and it's very good for your bones. (To Zac, who is now leaving the studio) Now go find three more beverages, Zac!

(The green farmer Anything Muppet enters the studio, angrily)

GREEN ANYTHING MUPPET FARMER: That teenager took a bucket of milk from my moo cows without askin' me for permission!

GUY SMILEY: Listen farmer, there is no time for complaining right now because we're playing "Beat the Time!" (pushing the green farmer AM off-stage) Now get out of here because Zac Efron's only got 36 seconds left to find three more beverages people like to drink!

(As Guy speaks, Zac re-enters the studio, carrying two glasses of juice)

ZAC EFRON: Grape juice and apple juice!

GUY SMILEY: THAT'S GREAT, ZAC! But you must find two more DIFFERENT drinks! GO, GO, GO!

(Zac leaves the studio again.)

GUY SMILEY: (to the audience) He brought in two different flavors of juice, audience. Grape and apple. But right now, he's only got 32 seconds to find two more...

(Two purple Anything Muppet girls rush into the studio, angrily)

FIRST PURPLE GIRL (as portrayed by a Purple Anything Muppet): That boy stole my glass of grape juice!

SECOND PURPLE GIRL (as portrayed by a Reddish-Magenta Anything Muppet): And he stole my glass of apple juice as well! We are so mad right now! Do you know where we can--hey! You're America's favorite game-show host, Guy Smiley! Can we be on your show next week?

GUY SMILEY: (yelling) NO YOU TWO ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ON NEXT WEEK'S SHOW BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE BACKSTAGE PASSES! RIGHT NOW, ZAC EFRON'S TRYING TO FIND TWO MORE BEVERAGES PEOPLE LIKE TO DRINK! (pushing two purple AM girls offstage) GET OUT OF HERE AND GO LOOK FOR OTHER DRINKS YOURSELVES!

(As Guy yells, Zac Efron re-enters the studio, carrying a glass of ice-cold soda.)

ZAC EFRON: Soda!

GUY SMILEY: Great job, Zac! That's four beverages people like to drink!

ZAC EFRON: Now I gotta find one more drink, Guy. (leaves the studio)

GUY SMILEY: Four down and one more to go. (to the audience) Zac's got plenty of time left, audience. He's got 24 seconds to find only one more beverage people like to drink! Can he do it on time?

(An Orange Gold Anything Muppet man enters the studio.)

ORANGE GOLD ANYTHING MUPPET MAN: A young teen just stole my glass of soda! Have you seen him, Mr. Smiley?

GUY SMILEY: He's looking for one more beverage people like to drink. (yelling, while pushing an Orange Gold AM man offstage) NOW GET OFF MY STAGE! GET OFF! GET OFF! (to the audience) Zac Efron's got 19 seconds left to find...

(as Guy speaks, Zac re-enters the studio with nothing in his hands.)

ZAC EFRON: Guy, I can't find anything else to drink!

GUY SMILEY: Well, you have to find one more beverage to drink! YOU ONLY HAVE 16 SECONDS LEFT!

ZAC EFRON: But Guy, I...I...(ding) I got it!

GUY SMILEY: Well hurry up, Zac! Now you've got 13 seconds left!

(Zac Efron leaves the studio again.)

GUY SMILEY: (to the audience) Count backwards with me, audience.

(cuts to the shot of the clock)

GUY SMILEY: (counting backwards with the audience) 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...

(as Guy reaches '7', rumbling sounds are heard. Scene cuts back to Guy.)

GUY SMILEY: Wait a minute! What's going on here? Oh, no! It's gotta be---! It can't be----!

(Zac crashes through the studio, carrying a LARGE glass of unflavored seltzer water)

GUY SMILEY: (screaming) OH MY GOODNESS!

ZAC EFRON: A large glass of seltzer water from Hooper's!

GUY SMILEY: YES! That equals five drinks and you win the large glass of seltzer water you brought in and a trip to Miami Beach with your friends from High School Musical!

(Audience cheers. Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman enter the studio and cheer along with Zac.)

ZAC EFRON AND FRIENDS: Woo-hoo! We're gonna have a vacation at Miami Beach! Yippee!

(as Zac and his friends cheer, Bert and Ernie enter the studio.)

BERT: Hey! Now I'm thirstier than ever, and some teen idol took my dull glass of unflavored soda water, the beverage I really need to drink!

ERNIE: He stole what I was about to serve Bert here! I was gonna add some cherry flavoring. How can I make it taste delicious without your plain seltzer water to start with?

BERT: I don't know. Let's get my seltzer water back!

(The Green Anything Muppet boy, the green farmer Anything Muppet, two purple Anything Muppet girls and the Orange Gold Anything Muppet man re-enter the studio.)

GREEN ANYTHING MUPPET BOY: (pointing at Zac) There he is! There's that teen idol who took our drinks! Let's get him!

ZAC EFRON: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays again as Ernie and Bert, along with the angry mob start chasing Zac.)

GUY SMILEY: Well that's it for our special edition, audience. And this is Guy Smiley signing off from today's fun-filled game of "Beat the Time!" (walks off, then comes back for a brief moment.) See you next time, folks. I've got another game show to do. (walks off as the "BEAT THE TIME" title flashes on the screen.)

End of sketch.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about doing others with non-Muppet cartoon characters, such as Heckle & Jeckle, Daffy Duck, and Droopy?