Beau Fraggle

Super Scooter

Reaction score
-Beau Fraggle-​

Once upon a time, there was a Fraggle named Beau. Now, Beau Fraggle (or Beauregard Ulysses David Fraggle for short) was a Fraggle the same as any other Fraggle, except that Beau was not, in fact, a Fraggle. No, despite what you may have been led to believe from his monogramed handkerchief, Beau Fraggle simply wasn't a Fraggle. But he lived with the Fraggles, and he was widely accepted as a Fraggle. A very large, abnormally strong Fraggle.

Some Fraggles spend their day playing games, singing songs, or just plain being silly. In fact, most Fraggles engage in this sort of activity, as I'm sure you're well aware (and if you're not well aware of that, perhaps you stumbled on the wrong story. I'd reccomend War and Peace, but it's just too darn long, so I won't.). But Beau Fraggle wasn't one of those Fraggles. Again, because he wasn't a Fraggle, but also because he much preferred to spend his day picking flowers in the Gorgs' garden, or spending some much needed leisure time with his mop, as mops are in much need of much needed leisure time.

Now, Fraggles very seldom brought attention to the fact that Beau Fraggle wasn't a Fraggle (do you understand this point yet?). They decided it was best to humor him, and some even turned this into a game. I won't explain all of the rules as they're simply unimportant, and I've always really hated it when authors feel the need to go on and on about some silly little point that may have interested them but really have no bearing on the actual story. It's extraordinarily irritating. I read one novel in which the writer blathered on about his own personal interest in the sun dress one of his lead characters was wearing. When the man changed out of the sun dress, I had no idea what I was supposed to be reading anymore. He took up so many paragraphs and pages on that lousy sun dress. Very irritating. Very irritating indeed. ... Did I mention Beau wasn't a Fraggle?

One day, Beau Fraggle happened to meet an explorer. Not just any explorer, mind you, but Traveling Matt himself! Traveling Matt was known far and wide as a great explorer, and a humble and graceful Fraggle. So when Traveling Matt happened to trip over Beau Fraggle during his nap, you can imagine how excited Beau was.

"Hey, who are you?"

As Traveling Matt stood, gracefully stumbling to regain his footing, he peered into the beady, little eyes of Beau and said mightly...

"Um... Matt."

"Oh. Pleased to meet ya there, Matty. Say, have you seen my mop?"

"Okay. Have you seen my mop?"

"Um... what?"

The witty banter went on for hours. Oh, the insights! The stunning revelations! A meeting such as this had not taken place since Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein's accidental meeting when both attended the 1956 Star Trek convention of Ohio! Sadly, when it ended, it was sad, and Traveling Matt continued on his way, venturing back into outer space where he could discover more strange and interesting thing-a-ma-doo-dads. ... But first he stopped into the Gorgs' garden for a radish break.

Traveling Matt had been to the Gorgs' garden many times before. In fact he discovered it! But that's another story for another time. One that's already been told before, so go out and purchase Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season on DVD or Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series Collection on DVD. Anyway, on this particular occasion, when Traveling Matt ventured out into the Gorgs' garden, he was immediately captured by a creature the size of a mountain!

"Unhand me, mountain creature!"

"'Mountain cweatuwe?'" replied the dull and confused mountain creature. Yes, that's what they were called. Mountain creatures. "I'm not a mountain cweatuwe. I'm a Gowg!" ... My mistake. "And I caught a Fwaggle!"

The mountain cre- er, the Gorg laughed an evil laugh. A sweet and lovable evil laugh. A sweet and lovable and oh, so cute kind of an evil laugh that wasn't very evil at all. And, humming a happy little "Thump a Fraggle" tune (perfect for thumping Fraggles), the Gorg casually twirled Traveling Matt through his fingers, to the polite objection of Traveling Matt.

Now, Beau Fraggle happened to notice that Traveling Matt accidentally forgot his hat (I mentioned that, didn't I? Yeah. I mentioned that.). Fearing for Traveling Matt's safety, since you "can't do that without a hat," whatever "that" might be, Beau Fraggle raced off to return it to his friend! ... But first he stopped into the Gorgs' garden for a radish break.

Upon reaching the Gorgs' garden, Beau Fraggle was shocked to discover...

"Hey! They gots daisies in the garden now!"

And after spending a few moment sniffing daisies, he discovered Traveling Matt hanging perilously from the perilously high hanging place of peril!

"And boy, is it perilous!"

Traveling Matt was caught in the grasp of the Gorg!

This was simply unacceptable for Beau Fraggle, and so he pleaded with the Gorg to release his friend. The Gorg refused, stating villainously, "I'm gonna thump 'im!"

Well, that just put Beau Fraggle into such a mood! A mood such as one would not expect from a Beau Fraggle. One might not expect it from a Beau Fraggle because Beau Fraggle was not a Fraggle, but one might also not expect it from a Beau Fraggle because Beau Fraggle just wasn't like that. With astonishing ease, Beau Fraggle lifted the Gorg into the air with a single hand! After all, he was an abnormally strong Fraggle (See first paragraph).

The Gorg was so frightened by all of this, he immediately set Traveling Matt down. And when the Gorg set Traveling Matt down, Beau Fraggle set the Gorg down. And when Beau Fraggle set the Gorg down, there was no one there to set Beau Fraggle down, so he and Traveling Matt ran back to Fraggle Rock.

"Thank you, my boy!" said Traveling Matt. "Not that I couldn't have freed myself, but you certainly have the largest heart of any Fraggle I've ever met."

So, maybe Beauregard Ulysses David Fraggle really is a Fraggle after all.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
... wow...

Beau Fraggle, eh? Nice to see he has earned some new friends. :wink:

I like your writing style. It's so... abstract.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! ! ! Super Scoot! That was AWESOME! You're SO witty and random and I just LOVE it! The story was just awesome--thanks for sharing it with us! :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's probably just because it's Christmas time, but this almost reminded me a little bit of how Elf starts out. Very cute Scoot!

Redsonga

Reaction score
....I feel odd saying this but this but I don't really like this writing style :\. I guess I just don't enjoy random things that much...Does that make me bad? :frown: *hides* (Just so you know, I also don't like Monty Python, which most people seem to love-.- Yes I know I'm werid.)
I am all for paragraphs that take a long time to say something (I write a lot of them myself) but in the first few you sort of lost me, in a bad way. What is Beau anyway? Why is he there? :frown:...*has never gotten abstract or satire for that matter, so don't mind me or take me too seriously :3*

Super Scooter

Reaction score
....I feel odd saying this but this but I don't really like this writing style :\. I guess I just don't enjoy random things that much...Does that make me bad? :frown: *hides* (Just so you know, I also don't like Monty Python, which most people seem to love-.- Yes I know I'm werid.)
I am all for paragraphs that take a long time to say something (I write a lot of them myself) but in the first few you sort of lost me, in a bad way. What is Beau anyway? Why is he there? :frown:...*has never gotten abstract or satire for that matter, so don't mind me or take me too seriously :3*
Ah, it's just supposed to be silly. I don't mind if you don't like it.

By the by, Beau Fraggle isn't a Fraggle because he's Beauregard from The Muppet Show. Perhaps I should have explained that a bit more, but I was hoping the mop references and superhuman strength would be enough. Why is he there? I don't know. I never asked him.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ah, it's just supposed to be silly. I don't mind if you don't like it.

By the by, Beau Fraggle isn't a Fraggle because he's Beauregard from The Muppet Show. Perhaps I should have explained that a bit more, but I was hoping the mop references and superhuman strength would be enough. Why is he there? I don't know. I never asked him.
Oh..I never knew he was really strong :confused: When did that happen?:eek: And the mop..well, I just thought he might be a friend of Boober's :wink:.
Anyway, nothing bad meant, everyone has their own tastes :3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The reason I said you were like Mark Twain was you have that sense of casual comedy that's actually hard to pull off right. I sympathize with Redsonga, as it may have needed tightening up a bit. But it's still a great read, if you're into that sort of thing, which I try to be.