Beautiful Animation! Anyone seen it?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of the films from this Barcelona company? Here's the reel posted by a friend of mine today. I think "Nocturna" was released 10 years a go in the PAL format, but I'd love to get my hands on a US DVD copy. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! Now that is some great animation! My kinda thing. Silly, a little odd, and lots of fun!

Jamie, if you ever find DVDs of this stuff, definitely keep me posted. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's a YouTube English language version trailer of one of the films listed called "Nocturna" that was evidently released somewhere people speak our language. There's much more high quality animation overseas than I've been made aware. Much more than just the Miyazaki stuff that's either hit-or-miss with me. This "Nocturna" film looks like something Disney should be doing but isn't. Wish we got more of this stuff in the theaters here. The animation market would be even more competitive than it is now.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I generally find the best animation work is often done by French studios. They seem to both put their own spin on things AND translate the storyboard wonderfuly.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, that I could see.

Not bad. Kinda like a little bit of anime, mixed with a little bit of traditional Disney animation.
I agree. There's a good mixture of the best of those elements. The other projects on the reel were a little differently, less anime styled. More my type of thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nah! I'd rather watch crummy animation... puts Super Mario 3 Cartoon "Misadventures in babysitting" up on Youtube...

Really. That episode especially is almost as bad as Clutch Cargo!