Before The Balcony

P

Princeton

I'm glad y'all liked my Rowlf fanfic. This next one is about :boo: & :sleep: .
Hopefully you'll enjoy this one as well. Next post will begin the story.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awesome, it will be fun to hear how they got their start in heckling the Muppets!

P

Princeton

The story begins in 1918. Little Walter Statler sat in the back seat of his mom's car, not knowing what to expect. He had lived in the town of Grey Wolf his whole life. Even though he was only 7, he had a lot of friends and a lot of memories. And now he had to move away. His little voice piped up, "Mommy, will I meet new friends in Maple Rapids?" His mother, Mildred Statler, replied "Now, sweetie, don't worry. Moving to a new town is always hard for children your age. But, trust me, you'll meet your new lifelong friend in Maple Rapids, I'm just sure of it."

Once they pulled up to their new house, 117 Yancey Street, Walter jumped out of the car, holding on to his favorite toy, a stuffed tiger named Benny. Just then, Harvey Shore, the meanest kid on Yancey Street, looked at Benny and said "Hey, kid, what's that old beat-up thing in your hand?" Walter timidly said "That's my tiger, Benny". Then Harvey grabbed Benny and pushed Walter so hard he fell down in the road. Harvey said "Try to get him back now, sissy". Harvey no sooner turned around to walk back home when he felt a hard punch in the face. The boy who gave the punch said "Get outta here, Harvey. Just try to pick on him again and you'll get another punch". The boy took Benny and gave him back to Walter, saying "Here ya go, kid. Say, what's your name?" Walter replied "I'm Walter Statler. Who're you?" The boy said "Hank. Hank Waldorf".

More to come.

P

Princeton

From that day on, Walter and Hank were inseparable. They were always study partners, gym partners, but most of all, just best buddies. Their friendship even continued into wartime. Walter and Hank decided that they would serve their country, together. So, one day in 1942, they shipped out to their unit in Tokoyo. Altogether, their experience in WWII was good. They received Purple Hearts and medals for bravery. But the crowning moment for them came one night at the Komedy Kabana. The guest comic that night was Scoots Thornton and by all accounts, a bad one at that. The "boo's" basically spoke for themselves, but Hank and Walter took it a step further.

Now for some people, heckling comes naturally. Still, others have a tough time getting started. Hank and Walter had never heckled before, but Scoots was so bad that they had to go for it. So they started, basically playing off of each other, but the end result was absolutely fantastic. And as was to be expected, they got more laughs than Scoots Thornton that night. After they left the club, they decided that that was their life calling: heckling down on their luck comedians.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, I applaud, I applaud! See? <applause> Hm, "Applaud" is starting to sound kind of funny.

Anyway, I love it! I absolutely LOVE how they got their start in heckling. I'm curious as to how they got to the muppets. I can't wait!

P

Princeton

The Final Part

Well, for 50+ years, comedy clubs nationwide had their fair share of visits from the famous heckling duo known as Statler & Waldorf. And they always kept their eyes open for new clubs to try. One day in 1976 they heard of a new show called The Muppet Show. Now, they had never heckled anything as heavy-caliber as a TV show before, but they decided to give it a try. Little did they know that The Muppet Theater would be their "heckler's paradise". One person in particular that they laid into quite a bit was a comedian known as Fozzie Bear. Now, Fozzie tried very hard to be funny, but even his likeabilty couldn't outweigh Statler & Waldorf's comments. After a while, they started questioning why they even came there every week. But whether or not it made sense, they had finally found their home.

THE END

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Well to begin with I resent the accusation that people called Harvey are mean - but enough about that...

Princeton, I have loved both of your stories but again I would ask you to try to look at this again and add in some more dialogue - some of those biting Statler and Waldorf lines.

There is a technique writers use called "show don't tell" which means rather than saying what happened describe it or give an example of. In this story, don't just say "Statler and Waldorf heckeled them", give us some of there lines and tell us the reaction they got.

I like the structure of background to the characters and then a recount of there roles in the Muppets Show, movies etc. Another couple of ideas you may wish to add in is there uncanny way of meeting up with the Muppetds no matter where they are - from London to Manhatten - and even their time in the old folks home during "Muppets Tonight" or there friendship with Emily Bear as revealed in "Muppet Family Christmas"

Don't think I'm being too picky, but you have great ideas and there has been real potentials in these drafts of your two stories!