Behind the scenes Muppet Show footage

Fighbird

Reaction score
I don't know if this is in the right forum, but I hope that some nice moderator will remedy that, if it isn't... :smile:

Does anybody have any good references for behind the camera footage for TMS (and/or just about anything else Muppet-related behind the scenes footage)? Preferrably something that can be bought in retail today...

Ever since the "Behind the Muppets" feature in TJHH, I have longed for more footage. I especially love the clips from TMS, where we see the guys and gals do the viking scene, and those mini-motorcycles and all...

Especially all the pre-digital era things would be nice. As much as I love watching the performances in the "regular" material, there is nothing more fascinating for me than being able to see some of the labor, rigs, constructions, helpers and human performances behind it all.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :excited:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
go to www.dvdoo.dk and order "The very Best of The Muppet Show" for 99 Kr

On that DVD you'll get the special "Of Muppets And Men: The making of The Muppet Show"

Fighbird

Reaction score
Will do!

Again, my friend, thanks for the help! :smile:

Any other nice things out there, which are obtainable?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well that depends on what you are looking for.
Try to browse www.dvdoo.dk or www.axelmusic.dk

I've just bought the Ed Sullivan DVD, and i think it's great and well worth the 110 kr that I gave for it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Besides "Of Muppets and Men", CBS did a great 15 minute segment on The Muppet Show around 1979. It is something good to look for if you ever trade with fans.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Besides "Of Muppets and Men", CBS did a great 15 minute segment on The Muppet Show around 1979. It is something good to look for if you ever trade with fans.
What's the name of it?

The A&E Biography of Sesame Street has some great behind-the-scenes footage as well... but that's just of Sesame Street. They show under the camera of Jim and Frank working Bert and Ernie. It's wonderful!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was shown on 60 Minutes, sorry I left that part out. It re-aired in 1990 when Jim died as well.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ryan said:
::Raises Hand:: :big_grin:
Speaking of which, Ryan, could you email me later? just "clicky clicky" the button at the bottom of this post...