Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Definitely one of the better commentary episodes. Don't see why WB wouldn't let them use their own characters instead of the weird Gumball looking things they had. I mean, we all knew who the characters were supposed to be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have to admit, I'm actually looking forward to the LeBron James episode if for no other reason than being a parody of "The New Scooby Movies."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And I'm not looking forward to that episode because, c'mon Lebron, didn't anyone tell you? The Titans are notorious sore losers. Sure, you can dribble dribble dribble all you want, but they'll just end up attacking you and putting you in the hospital all because you keep beating them in actual sporting competition.

Then again, I do like the fact this and the We Bear Bears episode continue the tradition of sportstar cameos in WB/CN animation created especially for the NBA All-Star weekend like that episode of Static Shock. Because, hey, why should the Super Bowl get all the attention? Especially when we'll have had all-star weekends for three rows straight from three of the four major sports.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And I'm not looking forward to that episode because, c'mon Lebron, didn't anyone tell you? The Titans are notorious sore losers. Sure, you can dribble dribble dribble all you want, but they'll just end up attacking you and putting you in the hospital all because you keep beating them in actual sporting competition.

Then again, I do like the fact this and the We Bear Bears episode continue the tradition of sportstar cameos in WB/CN animation created especially for the NBA All-Star weekend like that episode of Static Shock. Because, hey, why should the Super Bowl get all the attention? Especially when we'll have had all-star weekends for three rows straight from three of the four major sports.
Don't worry. The Titans and Lebron will not be playing any games against each other. The Titans are merely just going to watch and meet him.

Also, Lebron said that he's a big fan of Teen Titans Go.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, aren't most Scooby-Doo parodies somehow parodies of New Scooby Movies? The Futurama one certainly was. Even had the Globetrotters in there. Sure, it wasn't much of an accomplishment since the Globetrotters are specific recurring characters in their universe. Still...

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH! I cannot believe they did another "you must travel to the magic land of [subject matter] episode. I can forgive a lot...a lot a lot of this series but I'm sick of these kinds of episodes. That's my main problem with the series now. They could put any characters in the show sand it would be exactly the same. I actually miss when they'd at least fight their own villains instead of some cartoony made up thing. I blame the writers and lack of diversity of them. I really wish Amy Wolfram would write more of this series. At least she worked on the original and pays tribute to that in her episodes.

Also kinda sucked cuz the last time they did a Valentine episode, it was actually heartfelt. I know. Odd.

I did kinda like the Pyramid Scheme episode, if for no other reason, Beast Boy's "Makin' Money" song and referencing the events of pie brothers. Seems to be odd subject matter even for them. And it wasn't written as poorly as the episode before it.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
While I'm not sure if it's a BRAND new one, but did you guys catch the "My Cousin Vinny" reference in one of the episodes recently? I had one of those..."You're not....you're really not..." moments. Raven's "New York Accent" however, actually made it quite funny. Good send up.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I admit, I got to seeing the episode "And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob" and I enjoyed it, even though it was one of those episode where the Titans obsess over something stupid -- in this case, creating stupid sound effects. But the subtext of imagining the VAs making and reacting to wacky SFX just makes it better to me. Plus, the Whisperer was just plain adorable, and I'm surprised there's so little fan art of her out there! I wonder if she has a twin brother, the Shouter? :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's an episode I'm certainly mixed about. It's not a bad episode where they're doing something stupid, and it's at least a little experimental and creative. I really don't know how to feel about their original villains. Still don't see why "Puppets...WHAAAAAAAT?" didn't feature The Puppet King. I did kinda like the Soccer Troll King, though.

Whisper is a pretty good character, though. Love its design.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The St. Patrick's Day episode was once again the lame "Titans obsess over something stupid" type of plot (in this case, pinching others who don't wear green and teasing Robin over being a leprechaun) and them journeying to a magical land to resolve a conflict (in this case, taking some leprechaun gold to counter their bad luck). Though I did laugh at the scene where "nothing can hurt them on a rainbow" only for them to get assaulted by birds on their way down.