Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, if this crap happens long enough, it will be anything but a joke. In fact, the Penny itself should be called the negative 5 cent piece, since it takes that much more money to make one than its worth.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Welcome to the 21st century's version of the great depression, although the unemployment rate has not hit in the 25% yet.

I was wondering when someone was going to talk about the economic problem around here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was wondering when someone was going to talk about the economic problem around here.
Knowing how uber-sensitive the rules and regulations are around here, the topic would shortly be locked and/or deleted because it would get too heated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Welcome to the 21st century's version of the great depression, although the unemployment rate has not hit in the 25% yet.

Hey, all I'm saying is we should have known something was up when no one could afford to buy anything, but companies were still making money.... the uneven economy SHOULD have been the big tip off. Especially since it WAS the tax cuts. The companies were selfishly keeping the tax cut money to themselves, and calling it profit. It's like going to store for mommy to buy milk, and buying the cheapest one possible, and pocketting the difference.

All I'm sayin....

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hey, if this crap happens long enough, it will be anything but a joke. In fact, the Penny itself should be called the negative 5 cent piece, since it takes that much more money to make one than its worth.
Nickels also cost more than they're worth, but sooner or later they're going to start making both from aluminum, which has the advantage of not only being much cheaper than copper but also won't weigh down your pockets as much :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Hey, all I'm saying is we should have known something was up when no one could afford to buy anything, but companies were still making money.... the uneven economy SHOULD have been the big tip off. Especially since it WAS the tax cuts. The companies were selfishly keeping the tax cut money to themselves, and calling it profit. It's like going to store for mommy to buy milk, and buying the cheapest one possible, and pocketting the difference.

All I'm sayin....
Here's something in the form of stupid. This past week people who worked at AIG got money from the government in the form of relief and used some of it to go play golf, had a nice fancy dinner, and got manicures. Unbelievablyfreakin stupid.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's something in the form of stupid. This past week people who worked at AIG got money from the government in the form of relief and used some of it to go play golf, had a nice fancy dinner, and got manicures. Unbelievablyfreakin stupid.
At least Obama says every single one of those people should give back every last cent to the U.S. taxpayers, and be laid off for what they did.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I doubt the ability of either party to make this right. We will recover, but it will be despite them, not because of them. :wink: