1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Being Green" on Glee November 1

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Dexter Qubert, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dexter Qubert

Dexter Qubert New Member

Next Tuesday's episode of Glee will feature a cover of It's Not Easy Being Green by Damian McGinty. That kid has an amazing voice.
  2. Dexter Qubert

Dexter Qubert New Member

The song is available to listen on the Billboard website. And I must say it is a brilliant version of the song.
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

4. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

YAY! I'm so excited :)
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder tonight on "Glee" on Fox, you can see Damian McGinty sing "Bein' Green".

After you watch the show post your thoughts here.
  6. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

A great performance of one of my favorite songs! The rest of the episode was kinda 'meh', but "Bein' Green" and "Candyman" were the highlights. If I didn't think one particular member would have a fit, I would start a Glee thread at MC in a heartbeat.
  7. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

I am definitely with you on that one! lol.
  8. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I, on the other hand, say go for it. If one person doesn't care for it, they can ignore that thread.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't care too much for Glee... I get the appeal, and I see it having an audience... but every time I tried watching it, I just couldn't get into it. Either the music sharply interrupts the plot or the plot sharply interrupts the music.

But considering I did manage to watch a few minutes of it right until after he sang Being Green. And here's the best part. The commercial break right before he sang that, the Muppet movie TV spot came on. Brilliant way to get exposure for the movie.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I too don't like Glee personally I think it's lame but it is great how Disney was able to promote the new movie on one of the most popular show out there
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

WHY??!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????!!!

MY (MUPPETY) WORLD HAS BEEN RAPED!!!!

*Hangs himself*
  12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Are you reffering to my comment about saying that I don't like Glee?
    It never really got to me, it's like High School Musical for grown ups.
    I don't know maybe it's just me, it is the best rated show out there.
    But I still don't like it
    Sorry
  13. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Must we? Really?

I did actually love it, speaking just for myself. What a sweet, straightforward rendition of a beautiful song! It really made my day! Nothing fancy, just simple, lovely, and green. :)
    Princeton and frogboy4 like this.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It is a beautiful version of the song. I can understand why some people aren't fans of the program and that's perfectly legitimate, but to say your Muppety world has been raped is going kind of far. Fans should be thrilled about this faithful rendition of the song and that it wasn't pimped-out with a disco beat or auto-tuned to death. I'm very pleased. Here's just a clip of the song without the video. Enjoy!
    :)
    Princeton likes this.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Glee's the less shiny, happy, generalized lie-fest of High School, compared to that Disney musical series. That's one of the few things I truly respect about the show. I'm glad that kid from that show didn't win best actor (or was it supporting actor) in a comedy, ONLY because every time he's on screen, he's completely maudlin. Even when he's happy, it's sad.
    I was SHARPLY disappointed in Mercedes singing "Sweet Transvestite" (except the antici........ ..... ...PATION part), especially the super family cleaned up lyrics. Sensational Transylvania? THE HECK?! But this rendition of Being Green was spot on and pitch perfect. A nice tribute and with a commercial for the movie airing just before that portion of the show... GREAT exposure for the movie. There's nothing to complain about here at all.
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Snowthy, I love you, but that was a slightly inappropriate comment, I agree with the others, if you dislike the show or whatever that is fine, but saying things about rape is just going a little too far my friend. Like I said, I love ya, but dial it down a bit next time ok? :)

I thought it was a respectable performance of the song - at least it wasn't changed into something totally different. The melancholy feel of it was there. I have definately heard better covers, but this wasn't too bad.
    Princeton and theprawncracker like this.
  17. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I totally agree. "Bein' Green" and "Candyman" were the two best parts of the episode. The rest was lackluster. Which is pretty disappointing because the last episode that aired was absolutely fantastic.