1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Being Green" Question

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by SarahHIYE, Aug 1, 2003.

1. SarahHIYE

SarahHIYE New Member

Okay, I know probably everyone has noticed this before, and I've noticed it all my life. It's kind of bothered me, so here I am, posting it. You all know the song "It's Not Easy Being Green". In the part of the song where Kermit sings "And it can be big like a___" There are two different versions. In one he sings "it can be big like an ocean or important like a mountain or tall like a tree" and in the other he sings "it can be big like a mountain or important like a river or tall like a tree". So my question is...
    Which one came out first? Is one just Sesame Street and the other a Muppet Show version? I always get confused. Personally, *I* perfer the first version I mentioned (big like an ocean) but that's just me...
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hmm. That's interesting.

I call myself a Muppets fan and I never noticed it. Perhaps that's why I always get a little befuddled during that part of the song when singing it in the tub, huh?
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You sing that in the Tub? You sad green little man.

:) :confused: :crazy: :D :cool:
  5. Fozzie Bear

..."it can be big like an ocean..."
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You also use the computor and go on the internet in yout tub?
  7. Fozzie Bear

Yeah, 'shocking' isn't it?

I watched SS 25th Anniversary in Music on DVD and they had the (I suppose) original Bein Green on there. Looked old enough to be.