1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Below the Frame Season 2 Episode 4: Music

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by antsamthompson9, Nov 16, 2017.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Paul Rudolph brought up an interesting point that I think I actually brought up in the "Little Things We've Noticed" regarding how SST's music had a distinct, almost Tin Pan Alley sound to it in the beginning. I almost miss that kind of music, mainly because I feel like it was so Sesame in flavor and texture . . . you can listen to any old Joe Raposo or Jess Moss song and immediately recognize it as a SST song with the use of pianos, banjos, xylophones, picolos, and other such instruments plunking away simple yet catchy little melodies

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, that was a treat. I love that we're getting to hear the performers sing in their actual voices. Also, I love Jellyman Kelly.
    Watching these makes me want to work there even more. Everyone seems so nice, and you can tell they love what they do. But, it also helps me feel a bit like i'm there, so I don't feel quite as sad that i'm not.

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I can’t see the post.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I was kind of disappointed that the Jerry vs Chrissy debate was cut short. No matter, both groups are great in their own individual ways (50's rock vs 70's rock).

I loved the mentions of R.E.M, Ray Charles and Little Richard. "Furry Happy Monsters" was my favorite performance.