Below the Frame Season 2 Episode 4: Music

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Paul Rudolph brought up an interesting point that I think I actually brought up in the "Little Things We've Noticed" regarding how SST's music had a distinct, almost Tin Pan Alley sound to it in the beginning. I almost miss that kind of music, mainly because I feel like it was so Sesame in flavor and texture . . . you can listen to any old Joe Raposo or Jess Moss song and immediately recognize it as a SST song with the use of pianos, banjos, xylophones, picolos, and other such instruments plunking away simple yet catchy little melodies

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, that was a treat. I love that we're getting to hear the performers sing in their actual voices. Also, I love Jellyman Kelly.
Watching these makes me want to work there even more. Everyone seems so nice, and you can tell they love what they do. But, it also helps me feel a bit like i'm there, so I don't feel quite as sad that i'm not.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was kind of disappointed that the Jerry vs Chrissy debate was cut short. No matter, both groups are great in their own individual ways (50's rock vs 70's rock).

I loved the mentions of R.E.M, Ray Charles and Little Richard. "Furry Happy Monsters" was my favorite performance.