Ben Stiller clip of, "People in Your Neighborhood"

salemfan

Reaction score
I remember from Season 32 a clip in which Telly and Ben Stiller sing, "People in Your Neighborhood". They sing about a mail carrier and a cable guy. Then Ben dresses as a giant cheese saying that a cheese is a person in your neighborhood. The mail carrier's verse is classic, so I know the lyrics to that, but does anybody know the lyrics to the cable guy's verse?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember this skit! The cableman's verse was..."Oh a cable guy hooks up your TV/To play your favorite show or movie/If you're seeing nothin' but fuzz/He'll come to fix cuz..."

Y'know what I don't understand is the fact that Elmo had nothing to do with this bit, yet in a screenshot of this skit in People Magazine...there's Elmo sitting on Ben's costume! I don't get it! Oh yeah, I forgot! Elmo's a glory-hog!

salemfan

Reaction score
When Ben dresses as a cheese, his verse is:
A cheese is a really great fella
Whether you want ??? or mozzarella
I'm a really, really tasty dish
Try melting me on tuna fish
Because a cheese is a person in your neighborhood...

What other type of cheese was described besides mozzarella?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to my tape it's...

Oh a cheese is really great fellah,
you can call me Swiss, Brie, or Mozzearella!
I'm a really, really tasty dish,
try melting me on tuna fish.

salemfan

Reaction score
The mail carrier's verse is:
Oh, a mail carrier brings the mail
Through rain or snow or sleet or hail
She'll work and work the whole day through
To get your letters safe to you.
Because...(repeat chorus)

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
This skit can be found on the DVD "Sesame Street Karaoke"

It's towards the end of the program.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wait... "mail carrier"? When did THAT happen? Don't know about THIS version, but it was ALWAYS "Postman", NOT "Mail Carrier". The latter has too many syllables.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I remember the mail carrier (aka postman) has been in nearly all versions of the song. I remember it was in the first version with Bob and the AMs. I also read that verse in an 80s Sesame Street book. I guess the cable guy and the cheese were just made up for the Telly/Ben Stiller version.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think there have been about 100 versions of this song. There was even a whole book in the 80s devoted to this song, called "The People In Your Neighborhood."

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Wait... "mail carrier"? When did THAT happen? Don't know about THIS version, but it was ALWAYS "Postman", NOT "Mail Carrier". The latter has too many syllables.

It must be a PC thing. "Postman" signifies that a man is doing the job. "Mail carriers" is not gender specific. Just like we are supposed to say "fire fighter" instead of fireman these days.