Bert's Bottlecap collection skit

fatblue

Reaction score
Early 70s, I always loved this one! Bert shows Ernie, who is already bored with nothing to do, his bottlecap collection. Ernie could care less, and Bert goes on about how he has been trying to find one cap he is missing, the figgy fizz. Ernie later shows Bert what he found on the sidewalk, and to Bert's suprised its the one he has been searching for the whole time..the cap for the figgy fizz. As Bert exits so happy, Ernie sarcastically says to end the skit, "It sure has been an exciting day!"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
as much as Ernie wasn't excited or interested, at least he could of been nicer about it and happy that he made Bert's day.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it was just such a let down for Ernie since Bert had told him he had an idea for something to do that was EVEN MORE exciting than a parade, a circus, and a birthday party. I also was kind of glad Ernie was so down right through the end because Bert so often ended up exasperated at the end of most of their skits. It was nice to see Bert be the happy one for a change!
And I have to mention again, when I first saw this when I was real little, I thought Bert was calling the prized bottlecap, "PIGGY fizz"! (The pinkish color seemed to make it fit more too). :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After seeing this skit for the first time, I guess you all know what I did for awhile afterwards dontcha?

fatblue

Reaction score
I never collected 'em. But that's cool! LOL!

Censored

Reaction score
Bottelcap collecting is not that unusual, but paperclip collecting, that's really odd.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I likewise was inspired by Bert as a youth to start looking for bottlecaps and saving them in a collection. But this was an extremely short lived hobby. The bottlecaps were usually bent in half. And the other drawback was that they were boring ones like "Pepsi", "Coke", and "Budweiser". Nothing "exciting" like Rhubarb Delight or PIGGY FIZZ!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Bottelcap collecting is not that unusual, but paperclip collecting, that's really odd.
So, I collect paperclips. You should see all the cool colors and designs they can come in!

Censored

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
So, I collect paperclips. You should see all the cool colors and designs they can come in!

That's true. I guess they are kind of individual.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, that one is discussed quite in quite a bit of detail at the Toughpigs site.