Bert's nephew

Reaction score

My sister is a huge fan of Bert's nephew. She says she remembers him in only one episode~but she thought he was so cute! She said in the episode Ernie was giving him a bath. She says he reminded her of Beeker from the Muppet Show. Does anyone remember this clip and does anyone remember what his name was? :frown:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
sesamestreetmom said:

My sister is a huge fan of Bert's nephew. She says she remembers him in only one episode~but she thought he was so cute! She said in the episode Ernie was giving him a bath. She says he reminded her of Beeker from the Muppet Show.
His name was Brad. Him and Beaker were both preformed by Richard Hunt - maybe that's why. :wink:

Reaction score
Thank you! Do you remember if Brad was in any more than that one episode? Does anyone have this episode in their collection? :frown:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
sesamestreetmom said:
Thank you! Do you remember if Brad was in any more than that one episode? Does anyone have this episode in their collection? :frown:
No, but that skit was re-used in a bunch of episodes until the late 90s I think.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was an episode from the late 70s where Bert is watching his young nephew and he has him out and about showing Brad to everyone. at the end of the show Bob's with Bert and Brad tries to say both names but if i rememebr right he says Bob and points to Bert and says Bert and points to Bob. in other words, he has the names confused.

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
there was an episode from the late 70s where Bert is watching his young nephew and he has him out and about showing Brad to everyone. at the end of the show Bob's with Bert and Brad tries to say both names but if i rememebr right he says Bob and points to Bert and says Bert and points to Bob. in other words, he has the names confused.
I think I remember that now that you mention it. Thanks! :frown:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Wow, I don't remember Bert having any extended family. I remember Ernie's cousin Ernestine. I liked it when Ernie tried to teach her to say 'Ernie' but she wouldn't, and then Bert walked in and she said, "Bert!" Also Cookie Monster had a baby relative who didn't like cookies, which distressed Cookie Monster a bit, but she did like healthy food like carrots.

--Klonoa

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
sesamestreetmom said:
Is this on "The Best of Ernie and Bert" video? Does anyone know? I think it might be, but I'm not sure...

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

billyk

Reaction score
I think Bert had a cousin BART that came into town. He was wacky and his personality was like Fozzie Bear. (For which Frank Oz was the voice of both.)