Besides Jim Henson's kid shows.....

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandeigo

Such a fun show from PBS.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Today's Special was amazing; so sweet, yet often moody and deep at times. I miss that unique element in kids shows.
It really was :smile:. I had such a crush on him and felt so sad he could never be truly real:cry:

Ok that would almost be my list exactly! I watched ALL of those shows and loved them! I'm surprised to see someone mention Newton's Apple, I'm not sure if it was local or not, but I know it was filmed in the Twin Cities which is where I live. But anyway, awesome list, oh how I miss some of these shows!
I loved learning shows. I would still watch them if they were on. So many shows just spoon feed things to little kids now, but back in the day they never talked down to us:excited:
Never heard of "Wimzie's House" or "the big A before".
The Big A was an art program for kids on PBS hosted by this lovable old man with a white beard. He would do all sorts of projects you could do along with him and the show always had a plot to go along with it. My favorite episode was when he put on a puppet show...

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorite kid shows besides Muppets are....

Gigglesnort Hotel
The Shari Show
H.R. Pufnstuf
Lidsville
Bugaloos
The Letter People
The Electric Company
Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?
The Great Space Coaster
Today's Special

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I loved learning shows. I would still watch them if they were on. So many shows just spoon feed things to little kids now, but back in the day they never talked down to us:excited:

The Big A was an art program for kids on PBS hosted by this lovable old man with a white beard. He would do all sorts of projects you could do along with him and the show always had a plot to go along with it. My favorite episode was when he put on a puppet show...
Yeah. That's the way I felt about shows from "back in the day"

Thanks. I actually used to watch "The Joy Of Painting" a lot! It was very similar.

I believe "Newtons Apple" was a national show.

Love "Carmen San Diego" by that way!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I loved all of the Sid & Marty Krofft shows, The Electric Company, Reading Rainbow, The Letter People (Please come to DVD!), Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and so many others from way back when.
As far as todays kids' shows, thanks to my daughter who turns 1 in a week and a half I love The Wiggles, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Between The Lions and The Hoobs (Henson production, I know).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, there are a lot of great little kiddy shows out there to mention. Clearly CTW's earlier works like The Electric Company and Square One Math were really amazing, and the epitome of educational and entertaining. And we cannot forget the great Mr. Rogers. The name just says it all.

I also loved Zoobilly Zoo (Ben Vereen- all I have to say).

I have a real special place in my heart for all kids' shows like these, dispite it not being the feild I want to get into (7-12 and 20-30 year old guys type shows, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, The Tick, etc is where I wanna be). I especially love 2 Japanese kids shows: Doraemon (which Fairly Oddparents unintentionally borrowed from) and Anpanman (Sort of like Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears, but much, much more interresting. It's really really weird, hense why I like it).

But there are quite a bit I really enjoyed.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Clearly CTW's earlier works like The Electric Company and Square One Math were really amazing, and the epitome of educational and entertaining.
Yes! That's exactly how I feel about Square One TV and earlier works!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah. That's the way I felt about shows from "back in the day"

Thanks. I actually used to watch "The Joy Of Painting" a lot! It was very similar.

I believe "Newtons Apple" was a national show.

Love "Carmen San Diego" by that way!
I remember they use to make jokes about The Joy Of Painting all the time :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really felt sorry for the poor guy because he seemed like such a nice person :frown: