Best Book about the production and history of Sesame Street?

GeniDude

Reaction score
Which book is the best if I want to learn about the history and production of Sesame Street?

Street Gang? Sesame Street Unpaved? Any other books? And since I`m kind of strapped for cash, I would love single book suggestions, not "All Of Them". :big_grin:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Do you have "A Celebration of 40 Years of Life on the Street" ?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
No, is it good? Is it better than Street Gang and Sesame Street-Unpaved? :big_grin:
It's a wonderful book, it's a bit like "Unpaved" only updated and greatly expanded. There's way more information about the cast, the puppeteers, the crew. There are chapters dedicated specifically to the writers and the show's writing process, a chapter about the kids and guest stars who have appeared on the show, a chapter about the international versions of SST and Sesame Workshop's international outreach, three separate chapters about the Muppeteers, a chapter about the human cast. The book also has hundreds of rare behind the scenes photos. It's definitely worth a look and it's one of my absolute favorite books, you will not regret buying it!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Which book is the best if I want to learn about the history and production of Sesame Street?

Street Gang? Sesame Street Unpaved? Any other books? And since I`m kind of strapped for cash, I would love single book suggestions, not "All Of Them". :big_grin:
Have you read Street Gang or Sesame Street Unpaved? :smile:

GeniDude

Reaction score
No, I don`t own any Sesame Street Merch, but I would love to! I`m trying to find out what book to get :stick_out_tongue:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'd second that. Although I'd really love to find/read Unpaved at some point.