Best Miss Piggy figure

tmb1975

Reaction score
I never bought the first Miss Piggy figure to come out because I didn't think it was a good likeness. I loved the one that came with Pigs in Space playset, but I just wanted her and not the whole playset, so I never got that one either.

Anyway, does anyone know if there will be another Piggy released at some point? I'm still hoping I can buy a decent version of her without having to purchase a giant playset or something. :smirk:

Thanks.

Luke

Reaction score
There is no other Piggy figure scheduled. The long hair "EB Exclusive" version of the Series 1 figure is better than the normal retail one. Other than that you could try the Palisades forum for anyone trading a Pigs In Space Piggy on her own without the playset.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and then you could... Switch the heads from both figures so that you end up with Long-Hair Piggy's head on the purple dressed body and thus end up with a classier-looking figure.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

tmb1975

Reaction score
Thank you both. I didn't know there was an EB exclusive Piggy, so I did a search for her and found a picture. She's a much better likeness, in my opinion, so I'll probably order her.

Count - the idea about switching heads is pretty good, but I'd probably end up decapitating poor Piggy for life! Plus if I remember right, wasn't the Pigs in Space figure's skin a bit darker than the series 1 figure?

Anyhow, thanks again and I think I've found a Piggy to add to my collection! :mad:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... the whole head-switching trick came about from a fellow forum member, forgot who fright now. What happened is that this guy found out that the head on both S1 regular Miss Piggy and the EB exclusive were screwed in place rather than connected by some peg/joint system. So what you do is you lift carefully the head of both S1 regular Miss Piggy and the EB exclusive, one after the other, and you rotate the heads slowly in one direction first and then the other till you feel the head start to loosen. Me thinks you need to lift and twist the heads counterclockwise, but it's been a long time since I did it with help from my brother. After you've easily removed both heads, just match them up with the new bodies: long-haired head with purple dress and short upturned hair with blue dress. Then just put the head back into the socket, and twist it clockwise while pushing down firmly but gently to make sure it locks back in place.
If you want, you can start up another thread asking for help from other forum members more knowledgeable than me on the subject. Also, you could start a thread here or over at PT where I suspect you're a double member like most of us, in the Buy/Sell/Trade sections asking if there are people out there willing to sell you a loose First Mate Piggy figure if that's the one you want most of all.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Swinetrek playset is only $16 right now at Amazon. That's an incredible price considering it was around $35 just a year ago. That may be the best way to pick up the PIS Piggy at this point.

tmb1975

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads-up, Phil! I saw this late but still managed to get the Swinetrek Playset. Eh, I don't have a lot of room for it, but I'll find someplace, because Link and Dr. Strangepork could use a nice background setting! :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
$16!?! Man, I paid $40! I might pick up another just for the heck of it!