1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Best Muppet Babies Episode

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by christyb, Nov 15, 2004.

1. christyb

christyb New Member

Alright everyone.... So in your opinion what is the absolute best Muppet Babies episode ever?

Mine: The one where Gonzo takes them to the Weirdo Zone (very first time they went there)
  2. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

I'm partial to the one where Baby Gonzo gets everyone to play video games. Lots of game parodies in that one, and I've worked in that industry.

Also like the one where they make their own Star Wars movie.

There were so many great ones, though. That was such a good cartoon.

--Klonoa
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

they're all good!

Well, Muppet Babies is a great cartoon and I really enjoyed watching all of them, but I guess some episodes that stand out would include "Raiders of the Lost Muppet", which I mainly enjoyed for the big Indiana Jones references (being a big Indiana Jones fan! ;) )
    Another great one is "Muppet Babies: The Next Generation" because it is very funny and tons of sci-fi shows and movies are referenced. It is very cool. :)
  4. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I remember one episode when the babies overheard Nanny on the phone saying she had to get rid of one of them. The babies worried and wondered who was going to get thrown out into the cold. And they imagined how each one would make out on their own. Piggy imagined she'd become a powerful business pig and Gonzo imagined himself living in a dump forever. It almost looked like Fozzie was going to go. But it turned out Nanny was just going to get rid of an old chair in the nursery that Fozzie was sitting on. And she told the babies to ask instead of jumping to the wrong conclusion.

When I first saw this, it almost sounded like Nanny was going to get rid of one of the babies. And I thought there had to be some explanation about all this. Nanny loves her Muppet Babies a lot.
  5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I loved the one where Nanny gets kidnapped by aliens and they rescue her.
  6. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

How about the one where Animal gets a bath ("Squeaky clean!") and they think he gets sucked down the drain? They go down after him and encounter the gurgle monster and in the end they find out that he was sitting with Nanny the whole time. That one is a classic.
  7. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

It is hard for me to remember specific episodes, since so much went on in every episode. Here are some moments that I remember and enjoyed:

-Nanny makes cookies for each of the babies in their own likeness, but she accidentally drops the Rowlf cookie so everyone thinks that Nanny does not love Rowlf as much as the others.

-The Giligan's Island parody (Fozzie as Gilligan, Kermit as the Skipper, Piggy as Ginger, Scooter and Skeeter as the millionaire and his wife, Gonzo as the professor, and Rowlf as Mary Ann)

-When all of the babies sang the song about how to be a good nanny

-Nanny's sister (or maybe her cousin) came to visit and you did not see her head either. To cover up her head at the very end, as she runs around with the kids, Fozzie is on her shoulders - that always made me laugh.
  8. MustangRockstar

MustangRockstar New Member

Like others, there are just too many to count.

The one where they lose a key and have to go underground to get it comes to mind.

The one where they break piggy's playhouse so then piggy has to decided amongst which designs she likes the most.

Man there are just so many good one's, it makes me wish I could find the whole series somewhere.
  9. TashAndMe

TashAndMe Member

I liked the one where Nanny was making paste for the new wallpaper in the kids' bathroom and the kids kept thinking it was a food that they would have to try. That was a good episode.
  10. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

There are a few episodes that I specifically remember...

-The episode where they reenacted "Snow White," with Skeeter playing Snow White and Piggy stuck in the role of the Wicked Queen. I loved how Piggy did everything in her power to force Skeeter out of Snow White's role simply because she didn't want Prince Charming (Kermit) to kiss Skeeter. Gonzo, Bunsen, Beaker, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter and Animal as the dwarves was classic (Animal: ME CRAZY!), especially with the dwarves running a beauty salon instead of mining for diamonds. And I just realized this only a few years ago, but at the end when Nanny tells the kids that she always wanted to play the Wicked Queen, I swear she only said it so that Piggy would get out of her snit.

-The episode where the babies tried their hand at making cartoons using Nanny's old video camera. They had some pretty creative ideas for a bunch of babies. (Both this episode and the Snow White one were on a videotape my grandmother kept around her house for her grandkids...I wonder if she still has it?)

-The "art museum" episode, where the gang made their own art museum after an accident left Skeeter with a sprained ankle and caused Nanny to cancel their trip to the real art museum. And in every painting Gonzo made, a pink rollerskate would mysteriously appear (the story being that Skeeter had tripped over Piggy's rollerskate, and Piggy had swapped her skate for Gonzo's so that she wouldn't get blamed for Skeeter getting hurt).

-The episode where Fozzie loses his teddy bear and the group winds up journeying into the troll mines where trolls hoarde all the lost toys just to get Fozzie's teddy back.
  11. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

i agree so many great epps one i remeber likeing alot was the superhero one

where they all sang superhero oprea songs my fav scene was the one with gonzo and piggy how he woudlnt let her do anyhting and kept locking he rint he batmobile and her trying tog e tout by pressing allt he diffrent buttons as i remeber

gonzo-batman
    scooter and skeeter were the skooter twins-wonder twins
    kermit,bean, animal and fonzie-the ninja turtles
    piggy-viking opera singer
  12. pigs in space

pigs in space New Member

my favourite has to be the one where gonzo injures camilla it is so sad :concern:
  13. BeanMuppets

BeanMuppets New Member

I love the muppet babies and one of my favorite episodes was the one when Robin got out of his bowl...and it turned into an Alice in Wonderland theme. I thought that was so cute. I MISS THAT SHOW!!!... when will it be available on DVD!!!! :smirk:
  14. Ibuts

Ibuts New Member

i really liked the episode when Gonzo became captain cookbook to stop piggy who was trying to destroy the town, cant rmember the name of the episode though does anyone else know what it was called?
  15. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

How about the one with clocks in it, or the video game one! I guess I love all the episodes! ;)
  16. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

the video game one was good i loved kermit in frogger dressed at the crossing guard
  17. HeartlessGiant

HeartlessGiant New Member

Oh, man. It's been ages since i've seen a single episode, but i remember a lot of the ones you guys have listed.

How about the one where Scooter has a virus in his computer, so they shrink down and go inside and it becomes a Ghostbusters rip-off....i think.

Good stuff.
  18. CookieMoMster

CookieMoMster New Member

I loved that one...another fave of mine was Raiders of the Lost Muppet ~ too cute! :)
  19. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

That might also be my favorite episode.