Best Muppet Film

SarahHIYE

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Tim Curry had a coolness about him in that movie. I guess playing an evil one-legged pirate works for him.
Tim Curry is cool in ANYTHING he does :wink: I can't WAIT until he's here in New York for Spamalot--I will BE THERE SO FAST!

I'm surprised that people have only mentioned MCC and MTI--as those are the most recent. My favorite is definitely The Muppet Movie. It's the original, it has The Rainbow Connection, I'm Going to Go Back There Someday (my 2nd favorite Muppet song of all time) and that AMAZING Finale (my FAV Muppet song--couple it with Rainbow Connection of course! :wink: )

MCC and MTI have very special places in my heart. MCC was the first Muppet movie I ever saw in the theater and I saw MTI 3 times in the theater (I think I was like 11 or 10, so that was a lot of movie trips for me then--now it's not really. I saw Harry Potter & POA 6 times! I'm such a dork...). But TMM is so... CLASSIC. For me, it's like comparing Gone With the Wind to... Titanic. They are both great movies, but one is just so... ugh! You know?

<3
Sarah

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I'm with you, SarahHIYE. The Muppet Movie is my favorite Muppet movie. The songs are some of the best Muppet songs ("Movin' Right Along" and "Can You Picture That?" are my faves). The cameos are also brilliant, the best being Steve Martin, James Coburn and Milton Berle.

Muppet Dudemang

Reaction score
I can't decide between between the Muppet Movie, Muppets Take Manhattan or the Muppet Christmas Carol. ah stuff it, they're all completely brilliant!

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
My Favorite Muppet Films

My favorite Muppet films are The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets TaKe Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space, Kermit's Swamp Years, It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and The Muppet Wizard Of Oz that is coming next year.

King Prawn

Reaction score
greatoldies4you said:
Hi! Just popping in to annouce that I FINALLY (after 10 yrs of searchin) found the FULL & CORRECT version of the classic Muppet Family Christmas...Yippee! I found it on ebay (of course) and it was a Euorpean version so I had to have it transfered but it is the full version so well worth the expense! If anyone else out here is looking for the correct version, look for a cover that is green with only Kermit in a Santa suit on the front cover. Too bad the people who own the rights to certain songs in the original were so greedy....they caused a wonderful classic movie to be chopped and no longer available to the public. Now I will have to see about having it transferred to DVD so as not to loose it over time! My holidays just got a little bit brighter hope yours do too!
Hi greatoldies4you :smile:

If i'm not mistaken the European version of the UNcut MFC special that you have on VHS is already available on DVD, the exact same version except it's missing the scene where Fozzie and his Mum are hanging up stockings but I don't thinks your version has that either, anyway that versions already availabe on DVD plus it brings The Christmas Toy Special as a bonus feature. Just thought you might like to know since it might be easier for you to have to transfer it simply to your version and not have to transfer it from VHS to DVD :zany: :zany:

caper

Reaction score
My favorite of course is The Great Muppet Caper.

It's just a classic film. YOu could watch it anytime, there is no dull moments or goofiness about it. It's just a perfect family film.

And this is the only muppet film where you don't see any strings at all. It's where Jim Henson gave the Muppets real life.

Plus you get all the 21 classic muppets in that movie.

1.Kermit
2.Piggy
3.Fozzie
4.Gonzo
5.Camilla
6.Scooter
7.Rowlf
8.Dr.Teeth
9.Floyd
10.Janice
11.Zoot
12.Animal
13.Lips
14.Prof.Bunsen
15.Beaker
16.Pops
17.Lew Zealand
18.Swedish Chef
19.Beauregard
20.Rizzo
21.Sam the Eagle

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
The title is sort of self-explanatory. I think my favourite muppet movie has to be Muppet Christmas Carol. It's just not at all like Christmas if you dont watch it on Xmas Eve after church. It absolutely rules! MCC- not church!!

Statler and Waldorf are absolutely at their best and were made to be the Marleys!!

Anyone else?
good idea
maybe ill do that this year
heehee! :stick_out_tongue:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
caper said:
My favorite of course is The Great Muppet Caper.

It's just a classic film. YOu could watch it anytime, there is no dull moments or goofiness about it. It's just a perfect family film.

And this is the only muppet film where you don't see any strings at all. It's where Jim Henson gave the Muppets real life.

Plus you get all the 21 classic muppets in that movie.

1.Kermit
2.Piggy
3.Fozzie
4.Gonzo
5.Camilla
6.Scooter
7.Rowlf
8.Dr.Teeth
9.Floyd
10.Janice
11.Zoot
12.Animal
13.Lips
14.Prof.Bunsen
15.Beaker
16.Pops
17.Lew Zealand
18.Swedish Chef
19.Beauregard
20.Rizzo
21.Sam the Eagle
one of the best things about that film is that you get everyone like u said
even the newsman and lewis kezagger are in it!!!
i love it! :smile: :big_grin:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
The Confession of TutterTheMouse

OK, I started this thread when I was highly uneducated about the muppets. I had actually only seen 4 Muppet films (MCC, MTI, MFS and MTM) and hadn't had the pleasure of TMM, GMC, MFC, VMMC, MWoO (it irritates me that Kelly Osbourne saw it before me!!) FTB, EIGL. On another subject, I have seen all of them now, and after much deliberation my favourite muppet film is TMM. I love the opening where all of the muppets are together, I just love everything about it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Muppet Frog said:
My favorite Muppet films are The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets TaKe Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space, Kermit's Swamp Years, It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and The Muppet Wizard Of Oz that is coming next year.
ditto.
Well, maybe not Muppets From Space, just because of the utter lack of singing muppets. but whatever. The point is they're all great in their own way. I don't think I could choose just one as being "the" best.