1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Best New Muppet Poll

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Scooterforever, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Who is your favorite of the New(er) Muppets?

1. Walter

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Pepe

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Bobo

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Dr. Phil van Neuter

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Johnny Fiama

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Seymour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Cliff

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. 80's Robot

2 vote(s)
    5.6%

1. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

So, most of the choices come from the new Muppets added in "Muppets Tonight," as well as Walter and 80's Robot from "The Muppets." I imagine Cliff is the oldest character on the list, first appearing in "The Jim Henson Hour."

2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Ack, I picked Walter but then I realized Clifford was the on the list, I probably would have chosen him too, lol.

Not really into the other characters, hehe.

3. Epictetus

Epictetus Member

Gotta go with Bobo. I quote him constantly, most frequently whenever someone asks where a given remote is.

"...the goat?"

Also gold:

"Can't this go any faster?!"
    "I'm doin' thirty!"

4. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Walter. :)

5. Muppetkid98

Muppetkid98 New Member

I like Walter and Pepe. :rolleyes:

"Do I like playing with bears?! What does this mean, okay?!"

BEST MUPPET MOMENT EVER!!

6. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

7. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

walter pepe and bobo are my favs

8. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I picked Cliff :D He's so cool x)

heralde likes this.
  9. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

As of now, Johnny Fiama, but I haven't seen the new movie yet.

10. Snowball

Snowball New Member

I have to say Walter, although I also happen to really like Clifford.

11. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

I chose all of them LOL! :):):):):)

12. Scooterforever

Wow, Walter really has a strong lead. As for "new" Muppets who are still a decade old or more, Bobo has the lead. I liked him in the new film, and Bill Berretta does a great job with him.

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, I actually didn't notice Clifford the first time so I probably would have voted for him. :)

14. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

As much as I love fanboy Walter, Clifford with his laid back, cool guy attitude is my pick. He, like most of the Electric Mayhem members, have that certain quality and I enjoy it. Especially when mixed in with the other, weirder characters personalities in the Muppets.

15. Scooterforever

Yes, all of the Muppet musicians seem very laid back and cool, even Rowlf, who certainly prefers classical music to the Rock N' Roll that Electric Mayhem and Solid Foam performs. I believe Cliff was originally a member of Solid Form, the band from JHH, but appeared as a member of Electric Mayhem in "The Muppets at Disney World" special.

16. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Walter all the way for me. He's funny, not obnoxious, sweet , and just a great character.

17. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Well-Known Member

I chose Bobo - he seems to fit in the most with the "original" cast, like, I think a lot of people wouldn't realize he is a newer character unless they were very familiar with the Muppets. He is also terribly loveable ^_^
    I really like Clifford and Johnny Fiama as well.

18. Scooterforever

Yes, I didn't think Bobo seemed as obnoxious or in-your-face as some of the other new Muppets from Muppets Tonight, namely Pepe. And despite being paired with the bad guy in several projects, he remains a likeable character.

I think both Pepe and Clifford suffered from overexposure. I think some fans (myself included) were turned off by a relative newbie like Cliff taking over Kermit's hosting duties on Muppets Tonight, rather than a veteran like Fozzie, Gonzo, or Scooter. And I think a lot of people who dislike MFS (again, myself included) see Pepe's out-of-the-blue starring role as one of the major problems with the film.

19. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I like Walter.. a Character we very much could relate to as Muppet fans.