Best of 2003 Collectibles Guide

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We all have gifts to buy for friends and family, so why not give a few Muppety presents? Read our guide of our faovrite Muppet products of 2003.

[url]http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/editorials/2003_guide.shtml[/url]

Let us know what you thinik of the editorial. It truly was an amazing year for Henson collectibles. Hopefully 2004 will be even better.

It also might be fun if each of you list your top five Muppet products of the year. Let us know what is tops on your list.

Whatever

Reaction score
Of course I love the Palisades figures. I don't have very many, but my fave at the moment is Tux Gonzo. And I love getting the Muppet Show on DVD!

Luke

Reaction score
1) Palisades Swedish Kitchen
2) Palisades Series 4 Rizzo
3) Muppet 2003 Calendar
4) Muppet Monopoly
5) TMS DVD's UK HMV Collectors Pack

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Hmm...lemme see...2003...Sababa...Fraggles...I don't know...

It was great to see some new plush though, now that my sarcasm has been left in the bin. They really did a great job with Gobo & Red (got 'em both), and, although I'm not as interested in the Doozers as the Fraggle 5, they did a fine job with them also. My only regret is that the new Fraggles weren't boxed, but hung with a head-tag. Oh well...it's still Fraggly-goodness! I know I'm going to probably pre-empt my comments for the next year's-issue from ST, but my top 5 would have to be - you guessed it:

1) Red Fraggle (neat use of materials and nice attention to detail)
2) Gobo Fraggle (he even comes with a little "postcard" in the pocket. Cute.)
3) Wembley Fraggle (here's hopin' he's as good as the others)
4) Boober Fraggle (pretty much ditto to number three)
5) Mokey Fraggle (do I really have to say why?)

Basically, these'd be ideal for gifting (but I don't think I'd be able to part with them...ha ha ha!) and handing out a bit of nostalgia here and there. Snaps all around!

> Adam :excited:

Oh, and by the way, did anyone else notice on their Red's a piece of thread attached to the back of the left hand? I know I'm being picky, but maybe they could've put that under the sleeve. Well, on second thought, they're great the way they are...WAHOO!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. I wish the plush were boxed. They display so much better.

Keep your own personal top five collectibles of the year coming. It's fun to read what everyone liked most and why.

starr

Reaction score
Has anyone read The Wisdom of Big Bird? I just ordered that today and am very much looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

starr

Reaction score
It's here!!! Great read! To bad I'm the one driving on todays road trip :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it was helpful. Let us know what you think of the book after you give it a read.

Have fun on the trip! Maybe take some Muppet music along for the ride.