1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Best singer?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by evilhopscotch, Mar 13, 2007.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. evilhopscotch

evilhopscotch New Member

Alright everyone, who do you think, out of the fab five, was the best singer?

Gobo may have had the most songs, but was he the best? He sure was up there, but believe it or not, I have to go with Wembly as the best. I was listening to Free and High a minute ago, and just how soft and innocent his voice just tugs at my heart.

He is closely followed by Gobo, whose shining moment is "petals off the Rose" from the last episode. That's his best song, in my opinion.

So what do you guys think? am I wrong? post your favorites!!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to say Gobo was the best singer. He never failed to deliver. But yes Wembley was lovely on "Free and High." You don't get to hear him sing like that very often. (Not to mention Richard playing the Spider fly, I didn't even recognize him at first!)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Mokey all the way! Every time I hear "Ragtime Queen", I'm a total puddle!
    GopherCoffee and Beige Fraggle like this.
  4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

out of the five, I'd have to go with Gobo

but, for the show as a whole, I think Marjory is my favorite
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. evilhopscotch

evilhopscotch New Member

Well, if we were to go the whole show, I'd say Cantus has the best song AND the best voice.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Mokey is da best singer

Yes I have to agree that Mokey has the best singing voice. I really love her songs. She shows so much emotion just makes you melt to listen to her. I don't have a fave song of hers I seem to like them all.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Gobo, Mokey, Boober, Wemble, Richard!:D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Skye

Skye Active Member

I would definitely say Wembley, Gobo, Mokey, and any character Richard had! Love listening to them Fraggles and everyone sing! :D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. anytimepally

Poor Red.. :excited:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Well, I thought Red did a good job on "There's A Lot I Want To Know," and all the tongue-twister songs.

Best singers appear to be two Fraggles: Gobo and Wembley, and one (extremely) Silly Creature: Richard Hunt.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Gobo! Gobo! Gobo! Not that the others are bad.... Red was a bit rusty in the first few episodes before she found herself.

Now, on the other hand, the cartoon versions for the Fraggle 5... they make you listen to them sing 24/7 during your first week in h e l l. It's true! After that, it's nothing but the songs of the animated Trash Heap and Gorgs for the remainder of Eternity. No lie.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Convincing John, please.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

But when it comes to being a grand-standing, preaching showboater, it's a tie between Convincing John and The Wizard (who himself could carry a tune, but that's mainly Richard's doing).
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. evilhopscotch

evilhopscotch New Member

richard had a fantastic singing voice. Like, one of the best out of the original muppeteers. David isn't bad at all, and it's amazing to me just how much emotion he can put into a voice like Gonzo's.

But of course, my favorite will always be Jim (and to some extent, Steve now).
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh yeah, Steve does have a really amazing voice!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

It's sort of hard for me to choose but: probably Mokey. She has a beautiful voice and I loved her songs "Ragtime Queen" and "Sorrow and Shame." But I've always really liked Red's fast tounge twister-y songs like that Thimble Beetle song and the Rumble Bug songs. :excited:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. Pork

Pork Active Member

Out of the five I would say Mokey. but I liked Cantus and Convincing John alot.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. MokeynSprocket

MokeynSprocket New Member

RED RED RED... I believe Red is the best singer. I love all her songs, especially her solo songs. In the episode when Red tried to be Mokey, her first song "DREAMING" sounded so beautiful.. She sung it so well. Next in line would be Wembly in my opinion. Boober or course, goes last.. His voice is too weird to compete with the other Fraggles. It seems as though Boober is simply talking instead of singing his songs. Anyway, RED RED RED...
  19. anytimepally

it's good to see Red has some support :excited:
  20. Yeah, I have to go with Steve W. as Wembley for best singer. While Gobo definitely has the most "forward"-sounding sounding voice, and Mokey certainly has the most fair and melodic voice, I really admire the way Steve sang for Wembley. It was a little nasal, sure, but that was the character, and he really had great support and just overall really good vocal technique. When Wembley sang a good song, you remembered it. Just my opinion.

:)
    GopherCoffee and PanthraDion like this.