1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Best singer?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by evilhopscotch, Mar 13, 2007.

1. evilhopscotch

evilhopscotch New Member

I gotta agree. He's got a lot of the more memorable songs fer shur.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Ive gotta agree and say Wembley although i do think Jerry was the best singer....
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. savagemonkey

savagemonkey New Member

Wembley is my favourite fraggle, and his singing is part for me of why he's my favourite! I also love the way his eyes move it's sooo funny!!

monkey
    PanthraDion likes this.
  4. Borples

Borples Active Member

Tell me about it! I've had 'Pukka Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink' stuck in my head for weeks! :D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm gonna cheat and say that I liked the songs that they shared vocals on the best. My personal favorite song from the show is "There's A Promise" from the holiday episode, which is a classic. I would agree with the statement that the show's songwriters did a very good job matching the songs to the characters and writing songs based on the fraggles' personalities.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Mokey I think is the best, but Red I think is second best with such great songs as Friendship Song. Gosh I love that song so much I used it in my role play.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Oooo this is a great question but its so subjective! There's so much you have to consider when answering a question like this.
    It's easy to say that Mokey is the best singer because she tends to have all of those dreamy ballads buuuuut
    CONSIDER THIS!
    The real challenge comes in for the Muppeteers to sing a song semi-melodically and yet never break character. So....Not only do you have to convey the emotion of the song, but the nuances of the character's voices and personalities therein. AND it's gotta sound good.
    So really, it's easy for Mokey or Gobo to have songs that sound great while Boober has to sound somewhat -dry-, Wembley is all over the place....Red has to have that spunk and edge...and yet remain vulnerable.
    The each present a challenge so really it's hard to say who ACTUALLY is the best singer.

BUT at face value? Mokey, I'd say.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I just love the way that Wembley sings.

I just love the Friendship Song.
  9. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Me too!
    PanthraDion likes this.
  10. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Gosh, another one of those questions I must go through a wembling fit to answer. :coy:

Every one of those from the fraggle five, I enjoyed their songs. They each added depth to the song that they sung and I believe most songs sung by another Fraggle would have not have been as special or meaningful.

Mokey - Has one of the most sweetest voices and I love to hear sing.
    Red - Gobo sings a lot, but Red ends up singing a lot of tunes I love to hear.
    Gobo - Just an all around singer who can do it all and not suffer a breakup in voice.
    Wembley - I love how his squeaky voice rolls, he makes all his songs so enjoyable.
    Boober - Of all those doom and gloom tunes, he hits them right on the mark.

Now, if I must choose one, even though they all should deserve top spot, I won't wemble for too long here...

I'll go with..... Mokey. :dreamy:
    But Red, Gobo, & Wembley all come in very close to Mokey.
    Sorry Boober.

I Just Have To Mention... I always love it when I see Gobo playing his guitar. For a three string guitar, that boy can sure play. :smirk: Being new here, I wonder if there is a forum post out there for best played Fraggle five instrument? I'll keep searching.
  11. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! I have never ever posted before... or is it just me that keeps bumping up old threads. Heh!

I know that every character of Fraggle Rock has their songs. All Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs have songs.

Mokey... gosh... she has a beautiful voice.

Red... boy she has some spunk and her songs either make me dance or feel sorry for her.

Gobo - let me tell you something Fraggle Rock fans. That Fraggle can sing and when he breaks into song, you know he's an all around great singer.

Wembley - I adore his voice. It does have a nasal quality to it, but he hits the right notes. He's my favorite! :coy:

So, those are my opinions!
  12. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

The best singer, in my opinion, has to be Gobo Fraggle. :smirk:
    He sung great songs like "Follow Me", "Get Goin'", and "Petals of a Rose".
    muppetfan24/7 likes this.
  13. Beige Fraggle

Beige Fraggle Member

That was one of my mom's favorite Fraggle Rock songs! She loved Mokey, especially her singing voice. "Ragtime Queen" was one of her favorite Mokey songs, the other being "Show Me More" from the episode "A Brush With Jealousy."
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

To me, they're all fantastic singers:
    Mokey's voice is soft and gentle
    Red's songs can be high energy or slow and sweet
    Boober's had some great songs like "I'm Never Alone" and of course, "The Friendship Song" with Red
    I love any song that Wembley sings because his voice is fantastic and yet pretty child-like, he is the youngest of the bunch after all
    Gobo is the all-around singer, any song he sings, no matter what genre of music, is perfect!

However, I love the songs where they all get a chance to sing together like "Dream a Dream and See" and "Children of Tomorrow", those are among my favorite Fraggle Rock songs.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. RumbleBug

RumbleBug New Member

I couldn't possibly pick one of the five as the "best singer," because each one sounds fantastic and has amazing songs specially suited to their style that make it impossible for me to choose just one.
    So instead I'll just ramble about my love for each one as a singer!

Gobo: Gobo has the impressive ability to sing a very diverse array of songs with genres ranging from blues to rock and everything in between. He never fails to get my toes tapping with beats like "Fraggle Rock Rock" or to make me cry with the heartbreaking "Once Upon a Time (I Knew My Name). I also particularly love all of Gobo's traveling songs. There's nothing quite like getting in my car and as I'm driving jamming out to songs like "Travellin' Free" and "Only Way Home."

Wembley: Wembley definitely has great fun songs, like "Pukka Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink." I love that nasally quality of his voice and I especially love it when he scats, grunts, and makes various percussion-like noises throughout songs. It's hard not to get caught up in his enthusiasm and energy. He also sounds so sweet and melancholy in "Brave Alone" that I just want to give him a hug.

Red: I love hearing Red be her energetic spunky self with songs like "Do it On My Own" and "Chase the Wind," but I also love it when she tones it down and shows her softer, sweeter side when she's feeling vulnerable like in "Dreaming of Someone" and "Afraid to be Afraid." Oh, and she's killer on those tongue twister songs, too.

Mokey: She has such a gorgeous lilting quality and tone to her voice that's impossible not to fall in love with! I always feel like I'm being swept away into a dream world with Mokey's ballads, like in "Sail Away." But Mokey's not just limited to ballads, as she performs beautifully on more uptempo songs as well, like "Just Don't Know What Time It Is."

Boober: I think that Boober's voice sounds as sweet and smooth as silky honey! I particularly love him in songs like "I'm Never Alone" and "The Friendship Song. And no one can sing the blues like Boober can!

So, in conclusion, I enjoy all of the five as singers equally and they're all fantastic in their own right!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Well, Jen I believe Sidebottom does count, because Dave Goelz performs Sidebottom.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about that song, it's so sad to see him all by himself in the room, and then fall out of bed. Poor little guy!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Bump? I would definitely have to say Gobo and Wembley. I admire Wembley's voice to a great extent however, because he can scat like a pro! Steve is so amazing when he sings as Wembley, and together, with Jerry, the two harmonize perfectly!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Boober. In times when he's really,truly scared he sounds wonderful. Listen to Red and Boobers duet in Marooned,and you will know what I mean.
    GopherCoffee and Dominicboo1 like this.
  20. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

I go gobo. Jerry was such a talented singer and Gobo's song in the pilot gives me chills every time