Best singer?

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to go with Steve W. as Wembley for best singer. While Gobo definitely has the most "forward"-sounding sounding voice, and Mokey certainly has the most fair and melodic voice, I really admire the way Steve sang for Wembley. It was a little nasal, sure, but that was the character, and he really had great support and just overall really good vocal technique. When Wembley sang a good song, you remembered it. Just my opinion.

:smile:

I gotta agree. He's got a lot of the more memorable songs fer shur.

savagemonkey

Reaction score
Wembley is my favourite fraggle, and his singing is part for me of why he's my favourite! I also love the way his eyes move it's sooo funny!!

monkey

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm gonna cheat and say that I liked the songs that they shared vocals on the best. My personal favorite song from the show is "There's A Promise" from the holiday episode, which is a classic. I would agree with the statement that the show's songwriters did a very good job matching the songs to the characters and writing songs based on the fraggles' personalities.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Mokey I think is the best, but Red I think is second best with such great songs as Friendship Song. Gosh I love that song so much I used it in my role play.

bandit

Reaction score
Oooo this is a great question but its so subjective! There's so much you have to consider when answering a question like this.
It's easy to say that Mokey is the best singer because she tends to have all of those dreamy ballads buuuuut
CONSIDER THIS!
The real challenge comes in for the Muppeteers to sing a song semi-melodically and yet never break character. So....Not only do you have to convey the emotion of the song, but the nuances of the character's voices and personalities therein. AND it's gotta sound good.
So really, it's easy for Mokey or Gobo to have songs that sound great while Boober has to sound somewhat -dry-, Wembley is all over the place....Red has to have that spunk and edge...and yet remain vulnerable.
The each present a challenge so really it's hard to say who ACTUALLY is the best singer.

BUT at face value? Mokey, I'd say.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to go with Steve W. as Wembley for best singer. While Gobo definitely has the most "forward"-sounding sounding voice, and Mokey certainly has the most fair and melodic voice, I really admire the way Steve sang for Wembley. It was a little nasal, sure, but that was the character, and he really had great support and just overall really good vocal technique. When Wembley sang a good song, you remembered it. Just my opinion.

:smile:
I agree completely. I just love the way that Wembley sings.

Mokey I think is the best, but Red I think is second best with such great songs as Friendship Song. Gosh I love that song so much I used it in my role play.
I just love the Friendship Song.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Gosh, another one of those questions I must go through a wembling fit to answer. :coy:

Every one of those from the fraggle five, I enjoyed their songs. They each added depth to the song that they sung and I believe most songs sung by another Fraggle would have not have been as special or meaningful.

Mokey - Has one of the most sweetest voices and I love to hear sing.
Red - Gobo sings a lot, but Red ends up singing a lot of tunes I love to hear.
Gobo - Just an all around singer who can do it all and not suffer a breakup in voice.
Wembley - I love how his squeaky voice rolls, he makes all his songs so enjoyable.
Boober - Of all those doom and gloom tunes, he hits them right on the mark.

Now, if I must choose one, even though they all should deserve top spot, I won't wemble for too long here...

I'll go with..... Mokey. :dreamy:
But Red, Gobo, & Wembley all come in very close to Mokey.
Sorry Boober.

I Just Have To Mention... I always love it when I see Gobo playing his guitar. For a three string guitar, that boy can sure play. :smirk: Being new here, I wonder if there is a forum post out there for best played Fraggle five instrument? I'll keep searching.