Best TV show openings?

anytimepally

Reaction score
I always thought Fraggle Rock had the best theme song ever, which always helps for a great opening. Always liked the Star Trek opening, too.

wwfpooh

Reaction score

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Actually, Donald Duck Presents was basically a compilation of earlier Donald Duck shorts with wrap-arounds that started out with Donald Duck's personal theme song. And I loved Dennis the Menace, even if Margaret irritated the fudge out of me (just as she irritated the Joey that was best buds with the neighborhood menace, Dennis). Remember when Dennis and the gang were the spokes-characters for Dairy Queen? ^_^

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are we not talking about the whole opening (both sight and sound)? Are we just talking about the theme song alone?

anytimepally

Reaction score
Me too.. another good opening, especially if you count his little blurbs after the song is Alfred Hitchcock Presents ... best profile in TV history?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And ironically, just like the PR franchise, the Sonic franchise that it had apparently bested within ratings terms had its best theme via the opening of the Sonic [SatAM] cartoon entitled "The Fastest Thing Alive".

More to come...XD
Of course, that's not to Discount the Original Japanese Sonic X opening (with delicious Japanese wordplay, COMPLETELY lost in translation), and even Sonic Underground which, frankly, the opening is the only thing good about that dire show...

and let's not forget the First opening to Muppet Babies... say what you will about Japanese outsourced animation... they do one shell of a job with the opening titles animation. Check out that pull out on "I got my Computer" "I Flip through the air." Too bad the rest of the series didn't look like that.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I tell you one thing, some game shows have pretty cool openings. Take "Press Your Luck" as a good example: Rod Roddy: (After he gives the 3 players names, and gives a brief statement) Today, these 3 players are after High Stakes (or Big Bucks) BUT, they'll have to avoid the Whammy, as they play the MOST EXCITING GAME OF THEIR LIVES (The board behind the players starts to fill up with dollar values, prizes, and whammies) From Television City in HOLLYWOOD, It's... (Audience):TIME TO PRESS YOUR LUCK! And now, here's the host of PRESS YOUR LUCK, PETER TOMARKEN!