1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Best Vet's Hospital Sketch...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Dr. Bob needs your input, STAT!

What is your favorite Veternarian's Hospital sketch?
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Shoe, from Episode 212: Bernadette Peters.

Arsenic and Old Lace? That's an old joke!
  3. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Yeah, the shoe was awesome. There's no business like shoe business :D

The one where the sketch happens twice, the hungry operation table and the telephone had me laughing out loud, too. Oh and in the Bruce Forsyth episode, the chicken.
    Duck: DUCK!
    *takes cover under the table; peeks out*
    Whew, false alarm.
  4. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I have a few favourites - the aforementioned "DUCK!" episode from Season One, the Christopher Reeve edition with Rowlf as the patient, the one from the Gene Kelly episode with the announcer crashing into the OR at the end, and the one from the Buddy Rich episode with Beauregard as the patient (after accidentally shocking himself while trying to fix the theatre lights).

But I think my favourite is the version from the Phyllis George "Muppet Awards" episode, in which Dr. Bob keeps reading his acceptance speech (especially after learning the competition for Best Sketch is "Pigs In Space") and the cast eventually shrugs and walks off after Miss Piggy, realizing she's in both nominated sketches, mutters "Not much point in going on" and eventually leads the cast offstage.

(The topper, of course, is that Phyllis George subsequently announces that "the judges have decided not to present an award in this category," infuriating Piggy.)
  5. miss kermie

The train station one.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. liss1979

liss1979 Member

I like the one with the telephone. lol "The line is busy!"
  7. floyd<3janice

floyd<3janice Well-Known Member

I like the one where vets hospital and at the dance get mixed together it is absolutely hilarious I was laughing for ten minutes and then watched again
  8. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I like the one from the Gene Kelly episode with Beauregard
    "I saw it in the cards!"
    "The cards? Well then we've got nothin to worry about!:sympathy: "
    "Why?:mad::flirt:"
    "He's not playin with a full deck!:sympathy:"
  9. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

The Shakespeare one, from the Rudolph Nureyev ep.
    :mad: "Look at the time!"
    :sympathy:"The time is a shrew"
    :mad:"Are you calling me a shrew!?
    :sympathy:"If the shrew fits!"
  10. miss kermie

What kind of doctor do you think I am?

QUACK!

I should know better than to ask a chicken.
  11. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

The duck one (Bruce Forsyth), the one where it's mixed with At The Dance (Nancy Walker), the one with Robin (Linda Lavin), the one at the "Muppet Awards" (Phyllis George), the one with Gonzo (UK Spot, I believe; Paul Simon), the one with Beauregard (Gene Kelly), the conga line with Marvin Suggs (if that counts; Jean Pierre-Rampal, I believe), the one with Christopher Reeve (self explanatory), the one with Loretta Swit (again, self explanatory), the one with the pig who loves Miss Piggy (Dizzy Gillespie (I think I spelled it wrong, sorry), and the one where they do the sketch twice
  12. miss kermie

Ha, yah.

"And so, Doctor Bob has done all the same joke twice. LOL"
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  13. Zoot Fan 1981

Zoot Fan 1981 Active Member

:sympathy: "Well at least I won't have to declaire this on my income tax."
    :mad: "Why not?"
    :sympathy: "I got paid under the table!"
    The hungry operating table episode. Love those quotes.