Best Waiter Grover sketch?

cjd874

Reaction score
My favorite one is the big & little hamburgers skit, hands down. I love how the camera zooms in on Mr. Johnson's terrified face as the burger is being prepared, and the crashing sound effects are hilarious too.

I also like the O'Brien's Fast Food skit ("He O'fainted..."), the singing and dancing waiter (Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole---CRASH!!!), the wig salesman ("That was my pet guinea pig...I get lonely on the road sometimes."), and the exercise instructor (when Johnson faints, "Hm, he is in worse shape than I thought.").

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody listed the "Fresh Air Cafe" and "Tomato Surprise" sketches. All the other ones are of course gold, but these deserve an honorable mention as well, in my opinion... :super:

dinoboy

Reaction score
Maybe those restaurant clips would be more funny if they had an electronic waiter caller device, and the numbers lit up with a ding dong. And poor Grover would be called into the kitchen to tend ot everyone else's orders except for Mr. Johnson. Maybe he should go and get a pizza at Pizzaria Dos (2) where you get two of everything you order.

DancingQueen

Reaction score
My favorite inside the restaurant is Alphabet Soup ("SEE? You can't always be right!" LOL), but my favorite one outside of the restaurant is the one where Grover is a wig salesman.....or maybe the taxi driver one....or the movie theater....come to think of it, I think I like the ones outside the restaurant equally (and prefer them over the others) because they seemed to be thinking more "outside the box" to write them....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody listed the "Fresh Air Cafe" and "Tomato Surprise" sketches. All the other ones are of course gold, but these deserve an honorable mention as well, in my opinion... :super:
I hadn't seen the air cafe one when I made my previous list, but now it is a great one.

I just made a "top ten" list for The Muppet Mindset. I'll have to look at the one I made in this thread and see if there's a big difference.
http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2013/05/ten-favorite-waiter-grover-segments.html

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I do love that Mexican restaurant sketch! Grover keeps going "Ole, ole, ole!" until he stomps on the food each time until the "Numero Uno" when the guitar player left on his break.
That's my favorite. Wasn't it originally made for the "Put Down The Duckie" prime time special before it made in regular Sesame Street episodes? I think the gutiar player's name was Manono or something like that. He was performed by Marty Robinson.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
How many sketches did they do? I got to see more of them. I remember Charlie the unseen cook. And I was always fascinated with that door and how well the window was painted and how the door was crafted.

Did anyone mention the airport one where Grover is trying to educate Mr. Johnson about how to use a map which he finally misses his flight. Or the one where Grover works in a clothes shop and starts dressing the manikin (amazing that it looked like the Anything Muppet 'Fat Blue' which Mr. Johnson is from) and how he ends up in his undershirt and boxers and Frank Oz has this unseen deep voiced character "Quick, call security".

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Big and little hamburger. Grover invents the slider. Maybe White Castle will pick up on that someday...:smile: